PDA

View Full Version : how did u frind out, u had bipolar?

redknight
June 19th, 2012, 04:41 PM
i want to know when first real lies u had been bipolar or knew something wrong with u inside watch no one knew about. what did u like talk the time or stand up later there out darkness calling r name. did u hear any thing cool? bcuz sometimes i too. i just want to know, that all, what age did u feel it or knew something about it..

Lolli
June 23rd, 2012, 05:53 AM
My friend was diagnosed after a suicide attempt

SmexiLexie510
September 1st, 2012, 10:05 AM
Bipolar is usually a condition you are born with and signs of it occur very early so I guess I've always known, but was officially diagnosed when I was just 13, it is very rare for any one under 18 to be diagnosed.

December
September 2nd, 2012, 11:53 AM
I had depression for a really long time, so that was what I had originally, but in my late junior/early senior year of high school I started noticing that there was a cycle going on where I would experience really intense mania too. So then I "found out", i suppose you could say, that I had bipolar. If you think you might have it, definitely consider getting some help, its not an easy thing and it can be insanely difficult to make any kind of recovery without help. Best of luck to you :)

p.s. I never really heard any concrete voices as you have described, I just was pretty paranoid a lot of the time which wasn't "cool" but terrifying. Anyways, I wish you all the best.

Zephyr
September 6th, 2012, 05:11 AM
I was probably 11 or so when I noticed something was off. Age 13 is when I really hit the wall. I would go into delirious manic states and have hallucinations, slip into an angry paranoia, then deep depression at least a few times a year. I was always alone, my parents never around, so nobody paid attention besides friends at school, who thought I was just weird. Age 14 I was diagnosed; I made friends with somebody who finally said enough was enough and contacted my mother about the issue after him coming over in the middle of the night and seeing me in the garage dancing around with a hammer, film tape wrapped around myself and saying "Jesus is here to kill me." (hallucinating obviously), followed by a crash back into depression and trying to kill myself. Being under the age of 18 they refused to diagnose me Schizophrenic despite a family history, so they lumped me in as rapid cycling Bipolar since it shares a lot of the same mood symptoms.

It's rare for a teenager to be diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder though due to the hormones you have in your body as a teen being the primary cause of mood swings.

redknight
September 6th, 2012, 07:22 PM
that way too cool, i didn't know thatb4, thx a lot u guys for the help. im not bipolar just my self :) (schizo)

Totality
September 7th, 2012, 06:35 AM
I was officially diagnosed on Monday with it - aged 17.

It was a psychiatrist that diagnosed me properly.

Snookers
September 15th, 2012, 07:55 AM
I was officially diagnosed with bipolar disorder last month.
But it all started 1 year ago...

xXJamXx
October 14th, 2012, 04:16 PM
eggplant.