PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the SigPic transparency

Rayquaza
June 16th, 2012, 09:10 PM
OK, so I've decided to alter the picture in my signature, the only problem now is that when uploading a transparency enabled PNG file, the upload always seems to make the transparent parts white. I have also tried uploading to image sites and doing it that way, and I am still getting this white rectangle. It never did this before. I have now tried with three different pictures and it seems I have some sort of problem.

This was the picture, which is probably fine if I put it here:
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/751/cooltext716208093.png

Any ideas on how to fix?

EDIT: No wait, sorry, I found out the reason. It turns out that when the forum resizes a large picture, it messes up the transparency. Please lock this thread.

Deleted User
June 16th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Make sure the image is 400x120px and if you want transparency to work, the file must be 50kb or under. You likely have too many effects that have made the .PNG file too big. I've noticed this when I use more of my fancy Photoshop effects. Sometimes if you can fake an effect another way (like using brushes rather than a drop shadow for example) and it doesn't make the file as large.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this has never done me wrong when creating my signatures.

ImCoolBeans
June 16th, 2012, 09:50 PM
OP request :locked: