PDA

View Full Version : Unregistered?

therunaway
June 10th, 2012, 02:10 AM
I just saw a post by someone that has a username but it says post amount is not available & they are unregistered. & I didn't think guests could post?

xXl0sth0peXx
June 10th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Check the post date; it's most likely an old post.

therunaway
June 10th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Yup, april 30, 2005, does this mean they left or aged older than 18?

xXl0sth0peXx
June 10th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Nope, back in the older days of VT, people were able to delete their accounts, I believe. Even if you're over 18 (or 19; oldest age to join VT) your account stays.

therunaway
June 10th, 2012, 02:20 AM
oh... okay

DerBear
June 10th, 2012, 06:07 AM
To become unregistered.

They have changed there email address and said email address has not been verified or is unreal and therefore they become unregistered. They are then locked out form the forums until they change it or verify it.

I used the search feature, shockingly enough and found this quote by Maverick

Most of the time it shows up when someone changes their email but doesn't activate the new email. When that happens the account is locked out and the unreg face shows up. It goes away once they actually activate it.

ImCoolBeans
June 10th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Nope, back in the older days of VT, people were able to delete their accounts, I believe. Even if you're over 18 (or 19; oldest age to join VT) your account stays.

I don't think that's true

To become unregistered.

They have changed there email address and said email address has not been verified or is unreal and therefore they become unregistered. They are then locked out form the forums until they change it or verify it.

I used the search feature, shockingly enough and found this quote by Maverick

This is correct ^

Not too long ago, maybe a year or so I saw somebody get an unreg face, I'm assuming thats the reason why. So it's not something that only happened back in '04 and '05 or '06.

DerBear
June 10th, 2012, 10:09 AM
This is correct ^

It's truly amazing what people can find by using the search button is it not lol

xXl0sth0peXx
June 10th, 2012, 10:33 AM
I don't think that's true

-shrug- I could be wrong. That's what I heard though. Mods aren't computerized machines, right? We can make mistakes. ;)

Edit; Here (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?p=7588&highlight=delete+account#post7588) when he deleted the account it became Unreg. So maybe even if they didn't delete accounts on a normal basis, some could be deleted.

Dunno, Still kinda cool about the email thing.

Conner Davies
June 10th, 2012, 01:23 PM
y would u want to leave??

Jess
June 10th, 2012, 04:11 PM
y would u want to leave??

there would be lots of reasons (you've grown too old...that's one I could think of)...but most people that leave do come back

ImCoolBeans
June 10th, 2012, 04:54 PM
-shrug- I could be wrong. That's what I heard though. Mods aren't computerized machines, right? We can make mistakes. ;)

Edit; Here (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?p=7588&highlight=delete+account#post7588) when he deleted the account it became Unreg. So maybe even if they didn't delete accounts on a normal basis, some could be deleted.

Dunno, Still kinda cool about the email thing.

Yeah but that was an admin deleting an account for being underaged, not a user requesting it, and that was most likely a short lived thing rather than banning/freezing

EDIT: Op requested a lock :locked: