PDA

View Full Version : VTA's vs. My logo

Cognizant
June 6th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Company vs. Me... round 2

Round 2: VTA versus my work.
PLease note that I am writing this late at night, so sorry if my wording doesn't make sense. :P
I think this was a fun one. I made a logo for the Light Rail service VTA provides, which wasn't named. So I decided to call it something simple but crisp: metro. I like the VTA logo I watermarked in the back. I think it'd look really cool if they were to repaint their cars to a sleek dark, as you'll see in a minute:
First off, Original, Company VTA logo:
http://www.sjdowntown.com/images/VTA_logo.jpg

..And my logo! It looks a lot more fresh and up-to-date, eh?
http://i.imgur.com/6HW1Z.png
Here it is on black, it looks really good:
http://i.imgur.com/aosBT.png
Feedback welcome, as always. :)

Origami
June 6th, 2012, 06:10 AM
It's basically the same thing as your BART's logo, so it's not impressive.
Try making something new instead of altering an old design.

#VTCONVICT2012

Erasmus
June 6th, 2012, 04:15 PM
I still think it's really good, it looks a lot better, especially the black one.

StoppingTime
June 6th, 2012, 04:27 PM

#VTCONVICT2012

This right here. Not to say that either of them are bad designs, but to do the same thing twice isn't really all that amazing.

Cognizant
June 6th, 2012, 04:48 PM
This right here. Not to say that either of them are bad designs, but to do the same thing twice isn't really all that amazing.

Any advice on how to improve it?

Stronger
June 6th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Pretty good, not sure on how else to improve it though.

StoppingTime
June 6th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Any advice on how to improve it?

Maybe try to do something different with the background text, to start. I don't feel it blends well where it is.

Origami
June 6th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Just think of new shapes, patterns, and text kernings to use. Instead of overlaying circle, try combining various shapes into a pattern. If you're using Photoshop, try playing with the pen tool to make your own designs coherent to whatever you envision.

Cognizant
June 6th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Maybe try to do something different with the background text, to start. I don't feel it blends well where it is.

Sounds doable, thanks for your input :)

Thunduhbuhlt
June 6th, 2012, 11:36 PM

#VTCONVICT2012

I agree, too similar. Change it up.

StoppingTime
June 7th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Just think of new shapes, patterns, and text kernings to use. Instead of overlaying circle, try combining various shapes into a pattern. If you're using Photoshop, try playing with the pen tool to make your own designs coherent to whatever you envision.

I think the circles are used to show the stops, no?

Origami
June 8th, 2012, 08:23 AM
I think the circles are used to show the stops, no?

Probably, but again, it was used on the last design - the two are almost are almost completely identical.

Cognizant
June 8th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Probably, but again, it was used on the last design - the two are almost are almost completely identical.

I'm working on it- I've been busy, lazy and sick. Look in, at most a week, for the re-design. :)