PDA

View Full Version : How do they help?

FixAHeart
June 1st, 2012, 07:52 AM
Im Manic Bipolar, and have been cutting for 4 years and have had an eating disorder for 2 years.
Last month i was in a manic low and told my mum EVERYTHING! From how often i cut and what with to how often i purge to not taking my actuall medication and self medicating with other things, i have no idea why and hardly even remember the conversation. But now she knows she wants to get me 'help'. She said that if i keep refusing my medication they could force me to take it, same with food. Has anyone been in this situation? Like what will they do to me if i dont stop what im doing? When im on a Manic High, i love doing what i do but when im low apparently i dont. im scared they will stop me from having high episodes! Are they going to send me to a treatment facility or what? Im really scared!

Mortal Coil
June 1st, 2012, 09:35 AM
First thing you need to do is calm down. Nobody on here can say for sure what they are going to do, because each situation is different. They probably won't stop you from having highs, but if you continue to not take your meds, etc., then you very well may be put in a treatment facility.

FullyAlive
June 1st, 2012, 11:51 AM
:arrow2: mental illnesses, bipolar disorder