PDA

View Full Version : Help

acd18
May 25th, 2012, 04:59 PM
So some people at school sometimes ask me if im gay (which I'm not ) even one of my good friends asked me today. It kinda hurts me and questions what I am and I have no attraction to guys at all but I feel like im different do some of you feel this way? And what should I do about that like how can I make people get different perceptions of me.

Samstar
May 25th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Dude, you should be proud of who you are. Don't try to change the way they view you, and don't take it as a bad thing. They're either curious if you're gay cause they find you attractive, or to find out if you're a contender for girls they like perhaps. You shouldn't feel bad about it, just try not to be offended by it man. (:

acd18
May 25th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Thanks man that makes me feel better:-)

teenage-kicks
May 25th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Whatever you do don't overreact when they say it. In fact, don't react at all. Joke about it! Who gives a shit which way you're inclined, do whatever you want.

Jstr
May 25th, 2012, 08:06 PM
OH GOSH
SOME ONE KNOWS HOW I FEEL!
Because of this I wanted to commit suicide plenty
Of times and I'm in the midst of it right now
It just pisses me off! And makes
Me feel like no one excepts me for who I am!

acd18
May 25th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Hey man,Im so sorry to hear that im sure u have it way much worse than I do pm me if u need to talk .

leafgreenangel
May 25th, 2012, 10:33 PM
you know this is subject is very dear to my heart because i was always asked this in school. it didn't really stop until freshman year. it hurts most when it come from a close friend i know this has happened to me multiple times. you never get over that some people may think you're gay, but i just stopped caring. if anyone was to ask me i just kindly say no. this really makes me think of 5th grade when i was bullied based on the assumption of my sexuality.

acd18
May 25th, 2012, 10:50 PM
you know this is subject is very dear to my heart because i was always asked this in school. it didn't really stop until freshman year. it hurts most when it come from a close friend i know this has happened to me multiple times. you never get over that some people may think you're gay, but i just stopped caring. if anyone was to ask me i just kindly say no. this really makes me think of 5th grade when i was bullied based on the assumption of my sexuality.

Thays rough starting in fift grade do u know y the made assumptions u were gay

BrassMonkey
May 26th, 2012, 01:39 AM
I know exactly what you are going through because thats what happens to me. I have random people just ask me that same question, and Im not gay. What really ticks me off is the "Im not trying to be mean," well if your not trying to be mean, then why are you asking an insulting question in front of everyone. Thats how I feel about that little sentence they say before asking that insulting question...
This situation got to me really bad, because I had random people and a few friend ask me this. When I was in 7th grade, the torture was horrible, but during my 8th grade year the situation kinda calmed down, but still exists. Im going to be a freshman this coming up year, and Im sure Im going to have this question slapped in my face. It got so bad in 7th grade, I thought I was going to blow up on someone one day. I try not to let it get to me now like I used to. Its hard to not let it get to you, but I just think of this which is true, "What goes around, comes around."...
I actually felt the same way of being different, because we ALL are. When being a teen, you are trying to find who you are. I made new friends and hang around people crazy like me and they got my back. I found the type of people that are like me. I found that I like being different to other teens because it makes you Unique. I have found what I am and want to be, and I hope you do too. The key is, just be you and dont be afraid of trying new things to see if you like it.
PS: If you want to talk or ask questions about this, I would be more than happy. When it comes to stuff like this, I just like to help people and let them know they are not alone.

patty143
May 26th, 2012, 06:16 AM
just keep on being who you are :) don't try and conform, just because you don't like the way people think of you. you should worry the way you look at yourself, more than the way others look at you :)

Tobias
May 26th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Its highschool, most people are being called gay and picked on there. So dont you worry about it, just dont care. I have been called gay tons and tons of times (mostly cuz i crack alot of gayish jokes). But i just dont care about it.

Doggyboi
May 26th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Unless they're asking in a degrading way, then there is no reason to be upset of a question about your sexuality. People are just curious and want to know. It's like someone asking you how old you are. It's a simple question with a simple answer. Don't worry about it at all. And don't change who you are even if people think you act "gay" there is no such thing as acting "gay" you can only be gay. Is a sexuality, not a personality.

Trinity_15
May 26th, 2012, 11:39 AM
whenever someone says to me am i gay? i jokingly say "Sure, why not?" (i have a gf btw). in school in doesnt matter what people think of you, because if you face the facts, how many of your 'friends' will still be your friends. and if the are truly your friend, they wont care about your sexuality.

PubertyQuestions
May 26th, 2012, 12:02 PM
dont listen to them and dont try to change the way that you are and be youself

DerBear
May 26th, 2012, 01:54 PM
I suggest you don't listen to them. They are really big douche bags if they assume your gay and you have already told them no.

People who ask that only ask that because they are possibly insecure about there own sexuality as well. Either that or they are idiots or sometimes it is both.

Ignore them is my advice because to be honest why let them pick on you, if you don't show it bothers you then they will drop it in the end.

Hope this helps
Derri.

Sean4U
July 6th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Good advise from everyone, just don't listen to them. If it is just questions and comments, then ignore it the big problem is if it becomes bullying and physical. Some guys can be dicks pure and simple and very ignorant. Hang in there man, cause all that counts is that YOU know who you are and feel comfortable about it.

Rashard1997
July 6th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Unless they're asking in a degrading way, then there is no reason to be upset of a question about your sexuality. People are just curious and want to know. It's like someone asking you how old you are. It's a simple question with a simple answer. Don't worry about it at all. And don't change who you are even if people think you act "gay" there is no such thing as acting "gay" you can only be gay. Is a sexuality, not a personality.

I agree

Idk what to put
July 13th, 2012, 09:42 PM
It's ok just shake it off