PDA

View Full Version : ADHD/ADD meds

mrsarett
May 21st, 2012, 09:42 PM
ive taken the following medicines over the last 7 years (all in different time periods usually 2 years of each) and here are my results/ side effects

stratera: panic attacks, sleeplessness

concerta: inreased appetite, panic attacks, sleeplessness

focalin: nausea, headaches, panic attacks, sleeplessness, heavily decreased appetite, weight loss

adderell: (my best results) slightly decreased appetite unless taken with meal or large snack, easily adaptable to annoying side effects which eventually disappear, works for 12 hours so you can concentrate during the day and sleep well, also smaller doses can be taken right befor initial dose wears off so you can contrate if working late

please post your ADD/ADHD medication experiences
(i reccomend adderall)

GoofyGal13
May 23rd, 2012, 10:45 AM
I've been on Concerta, Vyvance, Writtlin, Adderol, and a couple other ones I don't know the name of. Concerta worked well, but it took to long to kick in. Vyvance also worked well, but it gave me OCD like ticks. We're trying Writtlin again now, because the main problem before was I hated taking all the pills. But when I was on Adderol, I was bouncing off the wall, rolling on the floor, and eating the whole house. It may have worked best for you, but it did no good for me. Not everything works the same for everyone.

Largest
July 4th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Methamphetamine could be used for ADHD proscription name is 'Desoxyn'

Charleigh
July 4th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Ritalin; vomitted after eating and went absolutely phycho.
Concerta; insomnia, no appetite, its got speed in it so I used to take loads.
Stratega, did fuck all.

I'm on concerta now, but I mainly use it as a good night out&to sell it.

Charleigh
July 4th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Ritalin; vomitted after eating and went absolutely phycho.
Concerta; insomnia, no appetite, its got speed in it so I used to take loads.
Stratega, did fuck all.

I'm on concerta now, but I mainly use it as a good night out&to sell it.

Tinker
October 15th, 2012, 10:00 PM
I'm on vyvanse right now and It keeps me up late at night and depresses my appetite and it gives me a buzz sometimes if I take it with a energy drink

OldSchool
October 16th, 2012, 04:34 AM
I use nothing, natural is the best way sometimes. Otherwise you face the risks of side effects.

ackmedsgirl666
October 16th, 2012, 04:37 AM
concerta and ritalin
i was improperly diagnosed with a kid with adhd but at age 12 i was re-diagnosed with fasd(fedal alcohol spectrum disorder)
anyways the concerta made me hungry all the time and very drowsy and the ritalin which is supposed to be used as a calmer made me more hyper and irritating to be around and have less of an appetite but problems sleeping

tinalmanza
October 20th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Please do not be independent on medications alone. Scientific research has found out about Music Therapy being able to effectively improve classroom learning and increase self discipline and attention.
So, if you would like to try out Music Therapy, you can suggest it to your teacher in school as well as try it at home while doing your assignment.
http://music.sound-add-adhd-treatment.com/music-therapy-classroom-learning-strategy-children-adhd/

Pierce
October 20th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Ive only been on concerta and i'm never hungry when i take it. Also i get mood swings throughout the day. I can go from happy to sad in seconds and later in t he afternoon i get so depressed all i can do is cry and sleep. So i dont take any meds anymore unless u have a big project and need to concentrate

tinalmanza
October 28th, 2012, 07:35 AM
There are a lot of effective medications for those with ADHD. But, it is also commendable to try alternative therapies where you can be free from medicines. Neuropsychologists highly recommend music therapy as a way to improve conditions of those with ADHD. This happens when the brain is condition to produce brain waves that helps focus attention to more productive tasks. A person with ADHD may have varied interests and music therapy helps the person focus on one are of interest which happened to famous musicians, painter and singer. So, why don't you try it too! http://music.sound-add-adhd-treatment.com/music-therapy-classroom-learning-strategy-children-adhd/

ArsenicCatNip
October 28th, 2012, 10:34 PM
I've only taken Concerta and am on Concerta 54 at the moment. I've heard Adderall can be addicting.

tinalmanza
October 31st, 2012, 09:29 AM
Every medication has its side effects. Don't let yourself be totally dependent on medications. It can help you alleviate your condition temporarily but it does not totally help you recover from ADHD. There are times when trying out non-drug therapy is worth it. Like for example, trying out Music Therapy can do a lot for your ADHD condition. [music.sound-add-adhd-treatment.com/adhd-music-therapy-options]

mrsarett
December 3rd, 2012, 02:13 AM
I actually started vyvanse 3 weeks ago because I gained 50 lbs on adderall and my weight is receding

mrsarett
December 3rd, 2012, 02:15 AM
I've only taken Concerta and am on Concerta 54 at the moment. I've heard Adderall can be addicting.

Adderall is not very addicting but I found myself with very very minor headaches when I missed a dose ( sorta like the headache you get when you wear glasses all the time and then forget one day)

devyn704
December 3rd, 2012, 10:46 AM
I've been on Concerta, Vyvance, Writtlin, Adderol and more im currently on concerta 72mg and it works but i get the side pains and shortness of breath from it i adderol was the one that was addicting to me also and made me really mean

survivor
December 3rd, 2012, 06:39 PM
I used to take adderol, but it gave me dizzy spells and I blacked out a couple of times. Now I take focalin and it just takes away my appetite.

mrsarett
January 29th, 2013, 10:52 PM
I started vyvanse and it has been the best so far
It is sorta like adderall with less side effects and does its job better

Jaller
February 23rd, 2013, 12:44 AM
Took aderal wird side affects loss of appetite grinding teeth uncontrollably and sleeplessness also made me kind of a jerk

handle with care
February 24th, 2013, 03:51 PM
i took vyvanse for a few months and it gave me an irregular heart rate and virtually made me turn down all food

i took adderal from first grade to eight then i started taking it at the beginning of this school year and i don't sleep well and im often fatigued due to lack of sleep

rocketsheep
March 11th, 2013, 03:54 PM
fffff

baseballfan
March 16th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Adderall is good but I heard it can be addictive

KimuraWannabe116
April 13th, 2013, 02:24 PM
I remember when I took Concerta, I was like a speed freak, and I developed tics.

donewiththisacct
April 14th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Am on methylphenidate right now. Stops my appetite cause I'm constantly in the kitchen. It also helps me to chill the fuck out lol. Ive been on a lot of meds in the past

JRwulf64
July 2nd, 2013, 12:05 PM
I started vyvanse and it has been the best so far
It is sorta like adderall with less side effects and does its job better

Same for me. Ive been on vyvanse for like 5 years now and it has done a better job than all the other ones i tried. However because ive been on it so long its not really working anymore and it sucks because im going into my senior year which can make or break my whole high school career

lolcatz
July 7th, 2013, 08:49 AM
I've been on ritalin quite while now and I noticed I am thinner then ever.
It's great for my concentration, but I lose my appetite and I allways feel really uncomfortable even when I am alone.