PDA

View Full Version : My OCD Story

DELETEACCOUNT
May 9th, 2012, 04:39 PM
When I was younger about 13 I had extremely bad cases of OCD that normally had me all worked up and freaking out, they were;

1. I used to try and repeat things faster in the space of five seconds.
2. I used to spend massive amounts on storage and stationery as I liked the colours and things to be extremely organised
3. I used to run and beat cars to certain points on the street
4. I used to add all the numbers on the clock (digital)

But since then I have grown out of them all expcept I do still keep things clean and organised but not to the extent I used to so its not really OCD it's more just cleanliness, but my life is now so much easier with having stupid little habits. I feel much more relaxed than normal

TaylrJ
November 25th, 2012, 06:16 PM
That's good. I think that being young, you are new to it and you do a lot of rituals. As you grow, you become more accustomed to having OCD and not everything you do has to involve a ritual. If you truly have OCD, it does not go away and you can't grow out of it. It stills plays a part in your life right now.. Even if you don't notice it. I use to do some of those things you mentioned above, but simply grew up to where it those rituals didn't matter to me anymore. I still do many things that make me OCD, just not nearly as much as I use to.

DerBear
November 25th, 2012, 06:43 PM
This is an old thread, please don't bump old threads. The only person who can bump a thread is an original poster. :locked2: