PDA

View Full Version : I drew my girlfriend

plebble
March 31st, 2012, 02:50 PM
I based my drawing on a photo of her, but I won't show you the photo, only my drawing:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-0GwxJhwvX4U/T1qnuykaVCI/AAAAAAAAHgk/kOpi65NiG6o/s576/20120309_234252-1.jpg
I promise she's pretty in real life, I kind of suck at drawing...

Angel Androgynous
March 31st, 2012, 02:58 PM
Draw what you see, not what you think you see. Instead of using techniques usually used for more stylized things (considering you were going for a more realistic approach) try to draw what is actually there. Also your anatomy is a bit... off. :P

deadpie
March 31st, 2012, 03:02 PM
She looks like the evil Doctor in one flew over the Cuckoo's nest, no offense. Although, it's ok of a drawing. Better than any shit I could pull off.

plebble
March 31st, 2012, 03:12 PM
She's pretty really, she dumped me last week :/

Jupiter
March 31st, 2012, 04:12 PM
well, it's a lot better than i could do.

Amaryllis
April 1st, 2012, 09:03 AM
She looks like the evil Doctor in one flew over the Cuckoo's nest, no offense. Although, it's ok of a drawing. Better than any shit I could pull off.
Lol. Bullshit.

Anyhow, it's great that you tried. I can never be bothered to draw because I'm afraid of failure. Couple tips, though, if you're interested in continuing art!

Copy copy copy. Just like... Trace if you need to. At the start, anyway. It's good practice. I started off drawing cartoons... Then anime. Then both. Then nothing. Then realism :P Point is, practice.

Next, try to add in some tone. It's gonna be shitty at the start, unfortunately. But it gets a lot better. It helps to look at an actual picture.

Flip a picture of her around and try to draw it upside-down. It helps some. But not me, personally. Cartoons --> Anime --> Realistic things. Oh and inanimate objects.

Use a pencil to measure. Hold it to the picture/her face and see how much it takes up. Scale it down into the paper so everything's the right size and length.

Well... It's pretty hard to teach without showing but feel free to message me if you'd like. I'm not the best artist but I like to think I'm decent enough! Keep practicing. (You draw as well as I run btw. I was hooorrriibblleee at it but after some vigorous cross-countrying I got pretty good, at least not last)

We're not born Leonardo Da vinci's.

plebble
April 1st, 2012, 09:29 AM
Lol. Bullshit.

Anyhow, it's great that you tried. I can never be bothered to draw because I'm afraid of failure. Couple tips, though, if you're interested in continuing art!

Copy copy copy. Just like... Trace if you need to. At the start, anyway. It's good practice. I started off drawing cartoons... Then anime. Then both. Then nothing. Then realism :P Point is, practice.

Next, try to add in some tone. It's gonna be shitty at the start, unfortunately. But it gets a lot better. It helps to look at an actual picture.

Flip a picture of her around and try to draw it upside-down. It helps some. But not me, personally. Cartoons --> Anime --> Realistic things. Oh and inanimate objects.

Use a pencil to measure. Hold it to the picture/her face and see how much it takes up. Scale it down into the paper so everything's the right size and length.

Well... It's pretty hard to teach without showing but feel free to message me if you'd like. I'm not the best artist but I like to think I'm decent enough! Keep practicing. (You draw as well as I run btw. I was hooorrriibblleee at it but after some vigorous cross-countrying I got pretty good, at least not last)

We're not born Leonardo Da vinci's.

Thanks a lot for the advice :)
I probably will start practising actually, I don't take art at school but I could do some drawings in my spare time. btw If you watch Doctor Who, you may have heard of the weeping angels, click here (http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/332/Weeping_Angel_3.jpg) to see what they look like and click here (https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-TYj85bqVpsg/T3hmAyPKoOI/AAAAAAAAHkA/QsH9ginbbg8/s512/20120401_152532%255B1%255D.jpg) to see my drawing of one :P