PDA

View Full Version : Do I have ADD?

L
March 22nd, 2012, 04:17 AM
Hey guys, I haven't posted on VT in ages but recently i've been wondering if i have this condition. I have difficulty concentrating on work i find difficult or boring, even though i really want to concentrate on it to the point of anxiety because my grades are falling. I'm not particularly hyperactive, in fact i'm quite the opposite, but i always feel the urge to fiddle with whatever small object is around me, and sometimes i have to physically put the object out of my view to stop myself from picking it up again without realizing.

I failed grade 10 not because i'm stupid, but because i have terrible organization and motivation to work. every single year of school that i can remember i have been on the brink of failure till it all finally crashed last year. I've been called lazy my entire life by my friends and family. When i bring up ADD to my parents they don't take it seriously. They even laugh at me sometimes when i bring it up :(

Jabbawocke
March 22nd, 2012, 05:18 AM
uh.
try a medical site..
i kinda have the same problem,tho i can control it

kai99
March 22nd, 2012, 12:42 PM
You could be a demi-god. Ok, its not fun. Go see a doctor, it's the best way to know that

bigmike247
March 24th, 2012, 06:02 PM
I have add to, try "cogmed" training, it helped me really well!

Rubbish
May 24th, 2012, 07:15 PM
I have ADHD and that sounds pretty convincing

BuryYourFlame
May 24th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Even medical sites, as previously suggested, will only help you so much and really can't be trusted in the end. If you want a definite (or relatively definite) answer go to a doctor and they will probably refer you somewhere else. Going by your age associated with your account you're 17, it would probably be better for you to get used to going to the doctor by yourself anyway. You could possibly ask a friend to drive you after school or something along those lines if your parents drive you. I would recommend seriously asking them again though.

ImCoolBeans
May 24th, 2012, 10:20 PM
This was bumped :locked: