PDA

View Full Version : Any Voiceover artists here?

canadaski
March 9th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Are there any voiceover artists or voice actors here on virtualteen?

I've been told several times that I have a good speaking voice. Most recently, my teacher that was in the music and entertainment industry told me I should go into radio because of my voice. Anyway, I think I'll give it a shot. Currently, I'm looking for a good voiceover coach to do skype coaching with.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Currently, I'm looking at a coach in Cali named Kevin Delaney.

Is there anything I should know?

Thanks.

Syvelocin
March 10th, 2012, 06:32 PM
I'd just recommend to be doing exactly what you're doing with the voice coach, however, if being a Radio DJ is your goal, you've got a bit more to do than just go to a voice coach.

Becoming a Radio DJ is really, really tough. Not only do you need the personality, voice, charisma, connections within the business, interviewing skills, and in the case of music DJs, taste in music and knowing what's popular and what will be popular, you need schooling. There are schools that teach radio broadcasting that will teach you the basics. Then you can also find a coach who will mentor you specifically in becoming a Radio DJ.

There's a lot to it, more than just the fun part you think about when you think of a Radio DJ. Those things are just the perks associated with the job though, like many jobs, there are many prerequisites first.

monkeyfish
March 10th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Like the above says. Unless you sound like Morgan Freeman. I wouldn't care if he didn't have taste in music or charisma, if morgan freeman was talking about anything I'd probably be interested. But unless you do the above applies

canadaski
March 11th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Like the above says. Unless you sound like Morgan Freeman. I wouldn't care if he didn't have taste in music or charisma, if morgan freeman was talking about anything I'd probably be interested. But unless you do the above applies

I'm not really interested in becoming a DJ though. I like reading sales copy, narrating documentaries etc. I've got a cousin that is a dj for a radio station and he said that I should volunteer at a local radio station, although I've been looking around and I don't seem to have any nearby.

Rayquaza
March 12th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Speak clearly, articulate your voice. Drink lemon and honey (and ginger) every week or so to relax the voice. When you wake up every morning, speak quietly or do not speak for the first hour you are awake. Before speaking into a microphone, train your voice with Scales and to get it warmed up and avoid fizzy drinks.

Hope that helps!