PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Teen banner

monkeyfish
March 6th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Literally took 3 mins, not the best but something to do. Colour schemes based off the real banner (obviously)
Not took keen on this personally but eh, here it is
http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv143/autohotel/VirtualTeen.jpg

Stronger
March 6th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Thats actually really good

monkeyfish
March 6th, 2012, 10:47 PM
thanks, i don't like it too much. it reminds me of something made with paint.net but it was a quick job. Thanks anyway :)

Jupiter
March 6th, 2012, 11:15 PM
i actually REALLY like that, to be honest.

StoppingTime
March 7th, 2012, 06:13 PM
The only things I'd change is the outer glow from VT (or shrink it), amd the circular highlight, it would look weird bigger.
Also, get the exact colors form the scheme, it'll look better.

Great start though!

monkeyfish
March 7th, 2012, 06:19 PM
The only things I'd change is the outer glow from VT (or shrink it), amd the circular highlight, it would look weird bigger.
Also, get the exact colors form the scheme, it'll look better.

Great start though!

I would change it but I don't really like it so im not going to work on it anymore, as I said it literally took 3 mins to make :p . I was initially planning to use the original colours but decided that with the textures i used it looked better slighly darker, so its more loosely based on the colour scheme rather than an exact copy of it. Planning on making a desktop background tonight though. May post it if i finish (or even start :p) it. But thanks for the post anyway. I always appreciate tips and constructive criticism +rep for giving advice on the design (y)

Electra Heart
March 7th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Well, I use the black and gold format so it'd look kind of weird for me :P

Erasmus
March 7th, 2012, 06:47 PM
wow that's good!

ImCoolBeans
March 13th, 2012, 10:23 PM
It's cool, looks a bit hard rather than soft though. I think it might be a little more appealing if it didn't have that edge to it.

Deschain
March 13th, 2012, 10:26 PM
I don't know why, but something about it I just puts me off.

It's doesn't feel reassuring, or comforting.

ImCoolBeans
March 13th, 2012, 10:36 PM
I don't know why, but something about it I just puts me off.

It's doesn't feel reassuring, or comforting.

Yeah that's what I was thinking when I said it had hard edges, I think it should be a little more welcoming rather than harsh, it's not a game forum or anything like that.

Mirage
April 7th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I don't know if anyone would appreciate this, but I quickly edited the sites code (on my end) to display your version of the logo. Here were the results.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u415/kadexus/ActuallyOnSite.png

I think it looks pretty nice. Enjoy!

ImCoolBeans
April 7th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I think it looks a bit misplaced, and as it's been said, it doesn't look so comforting.

StoppingTime
April 7th, 2012, 07:49 PM
I think it looks a bit misplaced, and as it's been said, it doesn't look so comforting.

This.

I think it should blend a little better, and have soft edges.

Smeagol
April 8th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Well... I like the thingy that is there but this banner looks good too. It just, looks more on edge and honestly, it's a great art style but maybe not for here.