PDA

View Full Version : Early intervention/crisis team

billyh123
March 3rd, 2012, 07:27 PM
My doctor says she can't diagnose me with bipolar because I've not had a "ultra serious" breakdown yet so she is getting the early intervention team for me, but this could take weeks, I'm seeing and hearing people talking to me as well as having emotional problems and in scared to leave my room in my own and I can't wait for 2 weeks it's getting too bad what can I do????
P.s. my sister, mother, and grandmother suffer from bipolar

Bloojhay
March 21st, 2012, 04:34 AM
I guess that's what it takes -- Something serious to happen for you to be properly diagnosed with this?(or something else -- you never know) That's so bizarre. I first started showing significant, noticeable signs when I was 12. And at that point I wanted help-- but it was too early for them to tack me with anything definite. "More time" and blah blah. Pft, flash forward a few years and I was so far gone in my ways I didn't know how to ask for help.

Point being, I think it's a little silly that you need something significant to happen before any action can really be taken towards recovery and what not. However, have you mentioned to her that you're having visual and auditory hallucinations? Regardless of your age and possible hormonal intervention, that should be something that should be made a note of seriously, because it's definitely not something that is normal.

But besides my rambling...I think you should really just try and hang in there. I don't know what you're specifically going though but..I mean, I'm gong to be cliche and say "don't do anything stupid" and that there are people who are willing to help you out in any way possible -- people here, and also anyone on your side like your friends and family. The waiting is probably really annoying, but just know that you'll be getting some sort of help soon. Again, I don't know what you're feeling, so the most I can really say is "hang in there." Remember what's real, what feelings are right, and keep your head above the water before you fall in too deep.♥