PDA

View Full Version : ADD question

yourmom32
February 18th, 2012, 02:08 PM
How did I getting ADD? :what:

Like what caused me to get it

Please don't double post -- use the "Edit" button if you have something to add. ~TheMatrix

PROGAMEMASTER
February 18th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Sometimes it is hereditary. other times it just happens to some people

Texas warrior
February 24th, 2012, 11:10 AM
it's genetic, blame your parents.

xblh87r
February 24th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Genetic if it affects your school see your doctor and see if you can get a prescription for something that will help with it. If not dont worry about it.

andrew96
March 11th, 2012, 05:57 AM
yep parents fault its in the genetics

Voodoo
March 12th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Genetics. My father has A.D.D. but he will deny it to this day... I have a few cousins with A.D.D. also on both sides of the family... But I'm the only one out of 10 grandchildren on one side to have it and one of two on the other side with 8. Just the luck of the draw with genetics.

madea rocks
March 28th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Its like embedded in ur genes so its hereditary

loop15
March 28th, 2012, 02:32 PM
i have it to and the only way i can think u could get it is from ur parents

Wonton
March 30th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Very sure it's genetic. I think it might even stem off aspergers..my dad shows signs of social deficiency and that is why my parents marriage was a wreck and they got divorced. It's genetic but you can also be born with it. Nobody TRULY knows how you get ADHD but it is NOT caught like a disease or anything. It only really shows though once you're about 3-6ish because before 3 your just a normal hyperactive toddler....doesn't make any difference in you.

BaNd
April 4th, 2012, 05:03 PM
i have it to and the only way i can think u could get it is from ur parents

yup i have adhd/ add but usually if you have on eyou have some of the other

swimmerboy95
April 6th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Usually hereditary

GoofyGal13
May 23rd, 2012, 11:34 AM
It is partially genetic, but some of it can be blamed on outside causes. For example, it has been shown that there are links between Pesticides and ADD/ADHD. Therefor, even though I have some ADHD in my family, I blame it on Iowa. I spent almost a year there when I was a baby, and they're water was full of pesticides. So, while genetics to play a part, they're not the only cause.

Hangover
June 25th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Both of my parents are adopted but my uncle and one of my cousins (both on the same side) has add too so i suppose its genetic.

Kingbodz
June 28th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Its genetic.

Gigablue
June 28th, 2012, 04:08 PM
It's usually genetic and has a strong tendency to run in families, though it can also have other causes. Some of the more common causes include smoking or drinking during pregnancy, low birth weight, frontal lobe injury as a child, or exposure to PCBs as a child. That being said, any environmental causes at unlikely to cause ADD in people who are not predisposed genetically to it.

tinalmanza
October 31st, 2012, 10:16 AM
ADHD is normally hereditary. Sometimes it is also due to the circumstances that the mother has been put into while the baby is still in the womb. You can never really tell. Instead of thinking how you caught ADHD, it would be better to think of the ways in which you can alleviate your condition. Music Therapy is one way to heal yourself. Check out this link to learn more about it: http://music.sound-add-adhd-treatment.com/adhd-music-therapy-options/