View Full Version : Going on adderal

February 2nd, 2012, 04:22 PM
So I got tested for adhd and now i have to take adderal. ive never taken much medication and im kind of scared of what it's going to feel like. we just got the perscription so i have to start tomorrow. i told my parents i didn't want to but they said i didn't have a choice cuz they say it will make less disruptive even though im not and that it will help my grades. i hate that i dont get a say in anything. advice?

February 5th, 2012, 03:51 AM
My parents never wanted me to take drugs of that sort. Instead, we found this thing called "EE Biofeedback" -- which trains your mind somehow to be less distracted, if I remember correctly.
The doctor who did it even wrote a book about it: ADD: The 20-Hour Solution (http://amzn.com/1931741379).
It's actually really simple for the patient, you sit in a chair and look at a screen while wires are attached to your head. It really helped me. I suggest you find a doctor nearby that does the same thing.

Hope I helped :)

February 18th, 2012, 11:19 AM
You might not get a say in these sort of things because they want the best for you.
It may help! Just see what happens.

April 7th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I have been on adder all xr since the fifth grade and it has done wonders for me. I have recently started to stop taking it because I can function fine without it. Adderall is one of the better ones out there as far as side effects go. The only one I experienced was loss of appetite. Hope this helps!

Destructive Impulse
April 8th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Man I hated that shit. Just terrible. It felt as if I was being punched in the gut (mainly cause it increased my anxiety). I'm on focalin after many other drugs and I found it works the best