PDA

View Full Version : How OCD am I?

davedent
February 1st, 2012, 12:43 AM
So I am not diagnosed with OCD, but I am planning on getting screened soon, because I think that I have it, but wanted another opinion. Here are just a few examples:

I have this thing with my fingers where if one of my fingers, let's say my thumb accidentally touches an eraser, then i will have to touch the eraser with all of my other fingers. After that, I'd would have to start with my pointer finger and touch the eraser with all of my fingers in order, and then do it again starting with my middle finger and so on.

Also, when I listen to the radio, I have to have the volume at either 5, 7, 10, 12, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22 (only sometimes though), 25, 27, 28, 30, 32. I can't listen or drive until it is at one of those places.

When listening to my ipod, there are only certain spots I put the volume thing at.

I have to have even amounts of food in my mouth. For Instance, one sweetart in the left side of my mouth and one in the right. If I have an odd number, then I make it even by breaking one up into 2 pieces.

These are just some examples and was wondering if this sounds like anyone diagnosed with OCD.

NightmareSora
February 5th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Im not the one to diagnose you but to me it clearly sounds like you have ocd, i have ocd and i can relate to what you say. I have to have the volume at 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 18, 20, 25. The eraser-thing i can also relate to.
Maybe you can try asking yourself: Do i have any "Rituals" i have to do? How much time do i use at day at doing them? Am i sometimes Late because of it? How do i feel when i dont do whatever i "need" to do? Is there a certainly thing that i feel would happen if i dont do it? Do i do everything i can to not get in a situation where i have to, for example touch the eraser with all my fingers?
That could maybe give you an idea of how bad it is, if you have it.

Hope i could help.

davedent
February 5th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Thank you so much Nightmare!
I have been wondering for awhile whether I should get screened for OCD or if it was just in my head. There are some nights where I can't even do my homework because it is so bad..I asked my mom to make an appointment for me for Wednesday. Wish me luck!

canadaski
February 5th, 2012, 10:46 PM
I think you've got OCD. Keep in mind that OCD is a symptom of anxiety disorder. This means it can arise as a result of anxiety over anything.

Don't be so quick to take a drug from the doctor. Ask about cognitive behaviour therapy. It's supposed to work really well, I'm looking at it with my counselor.

NightmareSora
February 6th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Im glad i could help you:)

snow661
March 13th, 2012, 11:13 PM
what

its just like meh

DarknessUnicorn
January 8th, 2014, 10:41 PM
I have this thing with my fingers where if one of my fingers, let's say my thumb accidentally touches an eraser, then i will have to touch the eraser with all of my other fingers.

I do the same thing. If one of my hands gets even the slightest bit of water on it, that same hand has to be submerged as well as the other hand. Also, I can't hold on to a cup with one hand, it needs to be both.

baseballfan
January 20th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Try and search for an online test to see if you may have ocd. Seems likely but no one here will know for sure.

Elysium
January 20th, 2014, 10:07 PM
I do the same thing. If one of my hands gets even the slightest bit of water on it, that same hand has to be submerged as well as the other hand. Also, I can't hold on to a cup with one hand, it needs to be both.
Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for two months or more. :locked: