PDA

View Full Version : Concerta side effects- A possible solution

Wonton
January 3rd, 2012, 01:27 PM
Uh, this might not be the right section but I'm going to post it in here because it involves ADHD and ADD. Currently I'm on a medication called Straterra which is somehwat similiar to concerta, but makes you feel less weak and for me I have less of an appeteite supressant. I just thought I'd throw this med out there because I notice a lot of people say they are on concerta and it makes you eate a lot less, For me, I also felt really weak all the time and it took me to a point where I was losing weight and was physically becoming too weak to go on with the meds. I was 12 and 60 pounds and I experienced different with straterra. Right now I am 13, soon to turn fourteen, 85lbs and on a 60mg dosage. I have started to put weight back on and such. Also, I noticed a lot of people saying that concerta makes you a bit of a zombie and I agree completely. Straterra helped me be more myself and not let the meds take over.

my point is, mention this med to your parents or doctor if you think concerta doesn't work for you. YES concerta does help you concentrate but Straterra has a very similiar effect and once I started taking it I felt much healthier and began to eat more.

p.s Mods if you want to move this thread feel free to.

Lovemeorleaveme
May 14th, 2012, 04:05 AM
im on both concerta and sraterra because according to my doctor concerta helps you to focus an sraterra helps with impulse control (ex.not blurting somthing out in class without raising your hand.)

GoofyGal13
May 23rd, 2012, 11:06 AM
Huh, thanks for the tip. I'll mention this to my parents. Although, the appetite suppressant has always been a welcome effect for me, cuz I have a huge appetite. Recently I went on a new med for god knows what reason (the new doc was really stupid), and it didn't suppress my appetite, and I gained 10 pounds. In just 2 weeks. Now I'm 25 pounds overweight, just because of this stupid doctor. Needless to say, we dropped him, and went back on a medicine that worked. But if this stuff helps with not letting the medicine take control, and with impulses, then I'd be willing to give it a try. Thanks!

mrsarett
June 2nd, 2012, 11:12 PM
try aderrall
and eat within 20 minutes of taking it that way your appetite will be quite normal during the day
I was 80 pounds when I was 12 when on concerta and now im 14 and I usually weigh 120-130 pounds depending on how good my appetite is that week
it helps me a ton and I actually feel like I don't really have ADHD when I'm on it
consider it and write back if you need more tips and I'll tell you if I try a new med
sratera, concerta, and focalin did nothing but hurt me
good luck bro

ImCoolBeans
June 2nd, 2012, 11:20 PM
This was bumped :locked: