PDA

View Full Version : Argh, mods are driving me crazy

MoveAlong
May 22nd, 2007, 06:34 PM
This entire thread has been resolved and does not need any more attention. I don't care what you post.

Why don't we have more active mods in the puberty forum? Why don't we have mods with good timezones to work with? After the recent spam attack I thought 'hmm, the guys would've been banned if there was a mod on...'
And not just that, but why don't we have mods that post more and pay more attention to the puberty forum? For instance, if they have an interest in the puberty forums, and read them just to find info/give advice etc and mod along the way. I.e., a member active in that forum.

Also, there's a mod that keeps moving threads to a trash forum but he's leaving the redirect behind so when you click the link it says 'you don't have permission to go to this page.' That is soo annoying >.<

Can we tell the mods to be sure to not leave a redirect to deleted threads?

Antares
May 22nd, 2007, 07:09 PM
as much as i disagree with you i agree with you
*damn*

Chrono
May 22nd, 2007, 07:12 PM
Well sometimes when you move a thread to the trash can you forget to check the box that says delete redirect thread, and then after you forget the best thing you can do is change the deletion of the thread to one hour afterwards. It's just a little mistake. Mods can't ban, only global mods, counselors and admins can

MoveAlong
May 22nd, 2007, 07:24 PM
Well sometimes when you move a thread to the trash can you forget to check the box that says delete redirect thread, and then after you forget the best thing you can do is change the deletion of the thread to one hour afterwards. It's just a little mistake. Mods can't ban, only global mods, counselors and admins can

Thank you for a nice post :-] Tho I think some mods should pay more attention.
And I'd like a few more people (preferrably admins) to answer my administrative questions.
Plus I've seen Andy (rok.my.sox.) ban and freeze before.

Orchdork, I didn't read your post because you're on my ignore list, so I can't see your post. It did show that you posted, though.

redcar
May 22nd, 2007, 07:55 PM
Over the next few weeks I am going to look at our Mod situtation in detail, essentially to ensure that our team is working the best it can and if necessary make changes.

Mods can actually ban if necessary and also Freeze. The Freeze would be the more common one to use, as ban is only to be used for overage members. But all staff have the ability to basically stop someone from posting if necessary.

MoveAlong
May 22nd, 2007, 08:13 PM
Ok Alex, thank you :-] I'd like to see some progress

Bobby
May 22nd, 2007, 08:36 PM
We need motivated people, who want to do it.

Chrono
May 22nd, 2007, 08:43 PM
wow i was unaware that i could ban and freeze, you learn something new everyday :-)

Whisper
May 22nd, 2007, 09:01 PM
EXCUSE ME!

I am on CONSTANTLY
I try VERY fucking hard to enforce the rules and help the members

as far as the spam attack
it was 2 members
dude
seriously
2 members

and I cleaned it up
not just in the puberty where you seem to be so utterly focused but over an entire page of the trash can is now usless threads started by the spammers in the diarys
I spent over an hour of MY TIME cleaning it up

and I DID ban them you git

Jesus
I fuckin hate politicians but I honestly am starting to see how they feel
no matter what you do
nobodys ever happy
either your to active and your a hard ass
or your not active enough and you neeeever do your job and your this and your that

god

The senior staff will look into the staff situation
and will make changes if and when we see fit

MoveAlong
May 22nd, 2007, 09:12 PM
I never said all of them are doing a bad job. That was incredibly inconsiderate.

I never said you are doing a bad job. I voted that you were a good mod. But now I seriously think your attitude needs some work.
I'm talking about the puberty mods, I guess I didn't make that clear enough. I really am sorry, Cody.

Underage_Thinker
May 22nd, 2007, 09:32 PM
I haven really noticed any problems, but then again i don't ever go in puberty. Personally every time i go in there it makes me depressed about our society because the majority of the questions are about some guy thinking his penis isn't big enough even though there is a sticky that addresses this question.
In the 2 + years I've been here there has only been really one time i thought the mods/admins/gms/members got out of hand, and that was the fight of 06 over deleting accounts *goes teary eyed with the fond memories*:D.. I doubt movealong meant to attack anybody, just provide constructive criticism. though you could have been a little more polite in your title, it may sound offensive to some of management.

Antares
May 22nd, 2007, 10:43 PM
well this is getting intresting *big smile*
anyways i think that we should add two or three mods to assist the mods that are a little faster and strict. or we could just try to choreograph all the mods to be on at set times (which would be a huge pain in the ass)! I think either
1. Add mods

2. Access the mods and tell them what to do and how fast to do it (which is nearly impossible)

In conclusion, the forums are NEVER EVER gonna be perfect sop we have to come up with something to at least keep up with the recent wave of...spammers?

i feel like i am babaling so i am gonna stop

DouggyO.o
May 23rd, 2007, 01:24 PM
Personally every time i go in there it makes me depressed about our society because the majority of the questions are about some guy thinking his penis isn't big enough even though there is a sticky that addresses this question.

i feel the exact same way! this is why i only go in their if something looks suspicious.( specif icily weird titles and things against the rules)

Aηdy
May 23rd, 2007, 01:38 PM
Sorry I haven't been very active recently, it's because i've been doing work experiance working in a car garage, and i don't get home until about 6pm, and my them i've walked about 8 miles in total going there and back so i'm tired and can't be bothered!

But next week I will have a week off school so i will try and get things back on track!

Underground_Network
May 23rd, 2007, 08:21 PM
Well, I presume the mods and admins have lives too, they can't spend every aching moment of their days trying to keep all the threads perfect. I think we have a good amount of mods as of now. Maybe if for some reason you are apparently short-staffed you could add a mod or two, but it doesn't seem necessary. Nothing over-the-top has happened that I've noticed as of late, we could use the mods checking every forum, but then again, they have lives as I said before, and checking out several threads in each and every forum is near impossible and takes a very long time. Just standing up for the mods and admins, they're doing all they can, and I think they're working to the best of their ability.

Bobby
May 23rd, 2007, 08:25 PM
Yes, people, remember us staff have lives too. I like this site, but not enough to sacrifice my social life for it.

MoveAlong
May 23rd, 2007, 08:35 PM
Well, I presume the mods and admins have lives too, they can't spend every aching moment of their days trying to keep all the threads perfect. I think we have a good amount of mods as of now. Maybe if for some reason you are apparently short-staffed you could add a mod or two, but it doesn't seem necessary. Nothing over-the-top has happened that I've noticed as of late, we could use the mods checking every forum, but then again, they have lives as I said before, and checking out several threads in each and every forum is near impossible and takes a very long time. Just standing up for the mods and admins, they're doing all they can, and I think they're working to the best of their ability.

'ever single forum'
Only a few mods have powers to check every single forum. I wasn't even talking about Cody, our GM. They don't have to be perfect. We don't need more mods.

Gugh,forget about this thread, just let it all be. Why do I care anyway :confused:

Whisper
May 23rd, 2007, 08:36 PM

:hug2:

Maverick
May 23rd, 2007, 08:54 PM
Sorry I haven't been very active recently, it's because i've been doing work experiance working in a car garage, and i don't get home until about 6pm, and my them i've walked about 8 miles in total going there and back so i'm tired and can't be bothered!

But next week I will have a week off school so i will try and get things back on track!
Andy you're doing a great job in the puberty forum.

Zach, if you see a problem, report the post. That's what I do and it's usually taken cared of swiftly.

Why do I care anyway :confused:
Hmmm maybe because you want to be a moderator?

MoveAlong
May 23rd, 2007, 08:56 PM
Hmmm maybe because you want to be a moderator?

Ant Ant Ant, I thought you were one of the ones that payed attention. I have it in my signature that I'm gonna be banned permanently before I become a mod, so what prevented you from noticing that?
I don't want to be a mod, I've given up on that and never want to be one. I'm offended because you didn't pay attention and because I say something and no one believes me.

Can we get this locked before any other assholes post here?

Maverick
May 23rd, 2007, 09:09 PM
I have signatures turned off and you really don't need to call me an asshole.

MoveAlong
May 23rd, 2007, 09:20 PM
You sound like you wanna be a mod...and sooorry no offense but you sound a bit 'professional' there...:roll:
But I really shouldn't second-guess.

Anyways, can we have this thread deleted or locked please?

Hyper
May 23rd, 2007, 11:48 PM
No never a huge arguement must begin now, I will bring the scythes and the gasoline and matches, and a few trolls from another realm so we can have a nice forum war

redcar
May 24th, 2007, 05:53 AM
Okie dokie points have been made and its best to stop this.