PDA

View Full Version : For other people with ADD?

Dimentio
December 28th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Well for arount a year now i have fount out i have ADD, But i went to the person who diagnosed me with it by myself as i do not want my family to know and when i did tell them they did not believe me.
So i kinda do struggle with it as my family do not know but all my friends do, Which is not much at all ha ha, But other then that, I am proud to have ADD! Like people neer get bored of me and a lot like me because i am so weird and random! And it is dam near impossible to have a serious convo with me ha ha :D
So for other people with ADD, Who knows? How do you deal with it? And what do you think about having it?
Like i just put up with it and ike i said i like having it for what i said and it also helps me being different :)

Jordan W.K. White
December 28th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Well i don't have ADD but i do have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) so in a way i get what you mean. and it's kind of the same for me with my autism but not on the diagnosed part as everyone knows i do truly have Autism, all my friends and family but friends is on a limited supply and has cut out to a hult at around 3 xD sadly.

As you are. random bandom ;D

Dimentio
December 28th, 2011, 03:33 PM
That is sad to hear about the ASD :( At least you do not seem bothered by it and just get on with life! :) I can realte with friends, I am good at making internet ones but in real life, People actlike my friend but who truely are, I would say 1-3 :(
@Oath, I do not take medicine and other then the need to be doing something a short attentionspan and getting EASILY distracted! It is hard to tell ha ha :) At least you seem good with it!

Oath
December 29th, 2011, 03:31 AM
I was diagnosed with ADD when I was thirteen. I never understood why. Everyone has moments where they act like a five year old, and get into "I don't give a damn" moods. I took add medicine for two months and I asked my parents to take me off it. It was my personal choice. I still experience ADD effects. I was at my friends party a few months ago and I kept knocking down some cereal boxes that were on top of her refrigerator. My friend thought it was funny, but some people didn't, so that's why I stopped.

It's all about gaining attention in a positive way. Instead of jumping on the couches, do stand up comedy, learn to play an instrument. take a paper pad with you and start drawing sketches. Play a game on your cell phone, or bring a funny book with you. It is all abut personal control. If you have ADD and you are able to control it, you should be just fine.

Rayquaza
January 10th, 2012, 11:58 AM
My brother has ASD and ADD. I don't think it affects him as much. I don't know if he knows either. Life goes on for him. I think having a mental state makes a person who they are, whether ADD, ASD, Aspergers, mentally disabled or mentally challenged. It doesn't matter what you have we are all human.

CJM123
January 10th, 2012, 12:12 PM
funny how this post came up. i have ADD and i absolutely hate it

Dimentio
January 10th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I know like i have a friend wh is Autistic but i came VERY close to saying "Just because your Autistic does not mean your normal!" Then i realized how horrible the world Normal is, So i said "Just because your Autistic does not mean you have to be treated like a different person!" Skin colour, Prefered sex, Mental disabilitys, It all does not matter, We are all human! :D
Also to CJM123, It makes you who you are! And like me it can make life more fun! I think there is a lot of benifits out of having ADD ha ha :D

christcenteredlife
January 10th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Well i don't have ADD but i do have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) so in a way i get what you mean. and it's kind of the same for me with my autism but not on the diagnosed part as everyone knows i do truly have Autism, all my friends and family but friends is on a limited supply and has cut out to a hult at around 3 xD sadly.

As you are. random bandom ;D

i'm on the spectrum also

CJM123
January 10th, 2012, 02:00 PM
I know like i have a friend wh is Autistic but i came VERY close to saying "Just because your Autistic does not mean your normal!" Then i realized how horrible the world Normal is, So i said "Just because your Autistic does not mean you have to be treated like a different person!" Skin colour, Prefered sex, Mental disabilitys, It all does not matter, We are all human! :D
Also to CJM123, It makes you who you are! And like me it can make life more fun! I think there is a lot of benifits out of having ADD ha ha :D

thats true :)

Texas warrior
February 24th, 2012, 11:15 AM
I deal with it by drinking my body wait in coke, and I actually like having ADHD it's fun most of the time, but a fuckin' pain in the ass when it isn't.

madea rocks
March 7th, 2012, 03:45 PM
It doesnt matter to me i knew since i was young and just adapted to it like some one youve lived with for a long time

Recreated
March 8th, 2012, 01:54 PM
@ 11. I seem to have no shortage of friends anywhere.

derper
March 8th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I have ADD and I'm the crazyist kid you will ever meet i started talking about dukes with my friendes and we ended up talking about the a-bomb

GoofyGal13
May 23rd, 2012, 11:40 AM
I have ADD and I'm the crazyist kid you will ever meet i started talking about dukes with my friendes and we ended up talking about the a-bomb
Awesome. Just Awesome.

Kuntaw kid
June 16th, 2012, 08:09 PM
You just have to figure out what's good for you to do at the time