View Full Version : So I think I have anxiety

December 23rd, 2011, 12:33 PM
I have been having this weird depersonalization feeling, violent thoughts, trouble concentrating, anxiety, paranoia, shaking, sweating, chest pain, tingling in extremities, feel tired all the time, and even think about suicide/running away so that I can't be a threat to my family. I went to a medical forum called medhelp, told them all my symptoms, and they said my problem sounds a lot like anxiety. I will be seeing a doctor in about a month, I was just coming here to ask what I should expect at the doc, like what will he do? and what should I tell him? And are there any treatment options other than meds, cuz I don't wanna get addicted to pills.

sarah newman
December 24th, 2011, 10:20 AM
That soUnds like anxiety because I have anxiety and what you have just described is my symptoms.
He might get you some counselling or like you said, medication depending on your age. There are other options, he may give you suggestions to try which can calm tou down from your anxiety.
Good luck at the docs, pm me anytime you wanna talk.

January 7th, 2012, 05:58 AM
To my -not expert- ears, it sounds more like you suffer from a panic disorder. I've only taken 2 semesters of psychology, so I wouldn't really trust my judgement. Either way, consulting a mental health specialist or clinic sounds like the best idea. They're trained to find out what's wrong with you and since these problems are clearly causing you distress, I would suggest going promptly. Also, if you ever feel suicidal, don't hesitate to call a suicide help line.