PDA

View Full Version : Bipolar bf

XxMurderedKissesxX
December 15th, 2011, 03:03 PM
My bf was told he has a high possibilty of being bipolar,but sence then hes moved to another city with me,that has a sh*tty mental health plan. He says his mood is really bad and he would like to try to find someone to help and possibly get meds so he can function alittle better,and im completely supportive,expect for two things. 1.I dont know how to help him find a good center to go to. 2.im worried the meds might not work,or make him worse. : /

Help??????

Also idunno how to help him when hes in the middle of an episode. Any tips or ideas?

Fiction
December 19th, 2011, 03:51 PM
The only way to find a good center I guess is trial and error, the same with the meds. All you can do is try. You can change centers or be taken off meds if they're not being effective, but if you're not prepared to try then you there won't be any improvement.

Njathind
December 20th, 2011, 06:22 PM
I second what Kathy said.

Also two friends of mine recently got married and the husband is bipolar, what she seems to do is go along with him and seem like she's as high as he is but then when he starts suggesting silly things she manages to talk him out of it.

Maybe try it when he gets high :confused:

When he's low I guess try talking to him and stuff, try to reasure him and make him feel better.

Caver
February 14th, 2012, 11:07 AM
You can discuss with his parents and find center - and see if it helps him.
Give it a shot!

spiderdude
February 27th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Take it from somebody who is bipolar meds aren't needed he won't be himself if he is on them he will still show signs of it but can control it to sum degree if he is in an episode then sit him down and say calm down and comfort him