PDA

View Full Version : How can I know if I'm ADHD?

Everthehopeful
December 5th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I never pay much attention although I am supposedly bright. I can never sit still and I hate silence. I hardly think before I act and I can be very hyper. But does that necessarily mean I have ADHD?

AppealToReason
December 5th, 2011, 12:31 PM
None of us can tell you whether you have it or not. We can guess all we want, but you need a professional to diagnose you.

Dimitri
December 5th, 2011, 12:33 PM
You need to talk to your General Practitioner and the Refereed Pediatric Psychiatrist or Psychologist....either way, none of us here can help you....

Everthehopeful
December 5th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I live in the UK, do you know if I can go to a professional without my parents finding out?

Dimitri
December 5th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Honey, listen, if you go without your parents how are you going to get the medications necessary to treat this, you need to tell your parents.

I know I will sound mean but SUCKC IT UP and TELLL THEM....

Everthehopeful
December 6th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I know but I just don't want to disappoint them. I guess I'm a little scared that if I do have it that they'll be disappointed with me or not even try to see if I do have it.

Dimitri
December 6th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I know but I just don't want to disappoint them. I guess I'm a little scared that if I do have it that they'll be disappointed with me or not even try to see if I do have it.

No, your parents care for you and this shows them that you can be mature and responsible....

Everthehopeful
December 7th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Okay. Thanks. I told them and they're going to make an appointment

Dimitri
December 7th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Okay. Thanks. I told them and they're going to make an appointment

See, now was it as bad as you thought? Good job!!!!

Everthehopeful
December 8th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Thank you! You've been a great help! :)