PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety- Don't want to be bullshitted with therapy for years

DefianttotheEnd
November 19th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I have really bad anxiety that controls my life. Therapy isn't going to do anything. I just need medications. I'm not trying to get high or something stupid, and if I knew there was a way without taking pills I'd do it because I'm already on enough medicines. But I KNOW therapy will not work due to my circumstances.

Is just going to a psychiatrist and saying "Hey I tried CBT and many other therapies and my anxiety just keeps getting worse" a good idea? I'd generally assume no because that's how pill seekers get their fix.

FuzzyLittleNightmare
November 19th, 2011, 05:02 PM
I might get my rep lowered for this but if you need help I wont let that stop me. I have never found that counselling or therapy helped me. Someone just making you talk without giving you any answers seemed like a huge waste of my time. But I needed anti-depressants. I needed something to stop me feeling so anxious and suicidal. So I went to my doctor and asked to be put on medicine because I didn't feel like therapy worked with me. The doctor said he would give me tablets if I went to the therapist though for a little while. Now, I live in a fairly small town and their is only one therapist so I went to the appointment and then went back to the doctor and said I didn't like that therapist, that I didn't connect with them. I said I would go and see a private therapist out of town whenever I could afford it. He prescribed me the pills but hasn't yet followed up on whether I did go and see another therapist.

prob1996
November 20th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Wow, we are sooooooooo the opposite! I was recently put on meds for my anxiety because they said my CBT wasn't working. I don't want to be on meds and rather just do the therapy. It wasn't perfect but I don't want chemicals messing with me. But that's just me.
To answer your question, I think that they won't give u just pills by itself. but then again nowadays, I'm sure you can find a doctor who would just give u the meds with no questions. It's not right and I don't recommend it.