PDA

View Full Version : Question.

AJay
November 18th, 2011, 09:19 PM
At this point I'm 99.9% certain I have bipolar.

I'm just unsure of what type.

At first I thought seasonal affective disorder but Winter is my favorite season but I do also get depressed around then...

And then I thought cyclothymia but my symptoms aren't nearly that mild.

So I was looking up stuff on type I and type II.

It says type II never has delusions/hallucinations in hypomanic episodes.
But I have had this it is just very very rare.

The main questions I have are:
Is it possible to have Bipolar I or II with it being more active in winter?
Would I most likely just be bipolar unclassified?
And, do you have any advice for me?

((As far as treatment I take St.Johns Wort (recommended to me by a friend) as needed but I rarely do so because it makes me feel weak to give into drugs although St.Johns has helped me when I needed it))

KICKASSKID
November 18th, 2011, 09:25 PM
The best advise i can give you is go to the doctors and get it diagnosed, if you do have bi-polar St, John wort will make no difference, my mother had undiagnosed bi-polar for years and i can't say the weather had any effect on whether she was up or down.
For the last few years she's been taking Lithium and has had no problems with it.

Syvelocin
November 18th, 2011, 10:33 PM
It is possible to be diagnosed bipolar and SAD, at least my mum is diagnosed with both.

What exactly are you experiencing? From what you posted, it sounds like you're asking if you can have hypomania and psychosis? The only thing is hallucinations and delusions usually occur with extreme mania, so it's more common in bipolar I to experience these symptoms. Could be unclassified, but usually it falls in either I or II, I being full mania and II being only hypomania, both with depression as well. There's also have rapid-cycling and mixed bipolar.