PDA

View Full Version : Ginseng

ZzKingz
October 23rd, 2011, 07:50 PM
I heard about ginseng, and I take it whenever I forget my afternoon meds. I think its awesome and much healthier than the 70 mg of amphetamines I put into my body every day to cope with a personality trait, not disorder that people have lived with for ages. I currently take Vyvanse (similar to Focalin) and Intuniv. I like the Intuniv, but I can't stand the Vyvanse. It feels too much like a drug to me. When I take it I feel very altered, sort of like my mind is all over the place but at the same time hyper focused on everything at once. When I talk to people I feel two steps behind the conversation, still dwelling on what was said five minutes ago. Because of this I've recently lowered the dose, but now I just feel a little better but I can't focus anymore. Ick.

Ginseng helps with concentration, memory, dopamine (which we ADHD junkies lack like meth addicts), and anxiety. It sounds like a cocktail of fabulous to me. My dad is against switching because there are too many variables and there is no clinically proven value as an ADHD treatment. I say BS. What do you think?

rockman1
October 25th, 2011, 06:37 PM
well i think it is good not to take med on the weekends to relax but during school no

Ben4ever
December 14th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I weaned myself off of my meds under a doctors supervision! I would talk to a doctor before changing your meds!

PinkFloyd
July 24th, 2012, 12:41 PM
isnt ginseng in most energe drinks like monster or nos energy?

DerBear
July 24th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Please don't bump old threads :locked: