PDA

View Full Version : help?

love is louder
September 29th, 2011, 01:55 PM
ok so my therapist is talking me to the doctors next week to talk about whats happening to me and she said that i may have bipolar. i haven no real idea what it is but i want to know what the doctors going to do about it
apparently if he thinks shes right i have to go to secondary services? and have proper tests done and i am freaking out a little bit can anybody give me any advice on what the doctors will do?

Zephyr
October 16th, 2011, 01:28 AM
I see it's a bit past 'next week', but how did it go, and what they have you do?

I'm not sure if my mum or my doctor first suspected I was Bipolar, but I went in one day for an annual check up, my doctor gave me a small Q & A and had everyone leave me alone to fill it out in the room, didn't tell me why I was taking it so I wouldn't be biased. Nothing came of it. A year later, a friend suspected I was Bipolar, so he helped me outline symptoms and we gave our findings to my mum. I went back to the doctors shortly after that, and apparently on the Q & A I had taken the previous year my answers had been somewhat borderline.

I suppose all they can really do is do a Q & A and go off of behaviors observed from others around you, there's no other way to do it unless you're in the doctors office and having an obvious episode of some sort. Some people go through extensive sessions with a mental health professionals to get a diagnosis (generally if it's complex), but for the more clear cut stuff your general physician can handle. Your psychologist probably took you to see a doctor so that they could hand over their notes/observations and hopefully try to get you medicated.

love is louder
October 22nd, 2011, 04:53 PM
hey thanks for the reply. i went to the doctors and took my therapist and they talked all this technical crap she basically talked for me and they both agreed that it could be bipolar. my therapist has written up a proper report and we went over it together. he is sending it off to proper mental people and i guess ill have to go and see them in a month or so. i think thats where ill be getting the questionnaires