PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing OCD Habits

Twistember
September 20th, 2011, 07:29 PM
For me this is kind of embarrassing....

Before I go to bed, I have to count to 4, 4times, shut out the light really fast and close my eyes for 4 seconds. I strongly believe that If I don't do this I will die.

Do you have any embarrassing OCD 'habits'?

Vonn
September 20th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I check under my bed every night before I go to sleep. I'm convinced that if I don't, I'll have awful nightmares.

Solvez18
September 20th, 2011, 08:24 PM
i have to open my eyes as wide as i can and squint as much as i can till im comforatable

casanova98
September 20th, 2011, 08:53 PM
hahaha i HAVE to have exact matching socks, they CANT be any wider, longer, or anything different than the other sock, they have to be EXACTLY matching

theguy231
September 20th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I blow my dream catcher thing to make sure it's cleared for the night. ;)

Eclipsical
September 20th, 2011, 10:53 PM
hmm..the only embarrassing one is the fact that every song must end on a zero before i shut the car off...it weirds people out that i wait up to 10 seconds for this.

MalditoDia
September 20th, 2011, 10:56 PM
when i put any disc in like a console i have to move it around til i see that its secure and i do it once more before i close it.

SeanM1997
September 20th, 2011, 11:07 PM
i tap my closed eyes 5times before falling asleep i cant sleep if i dont

canadaski
November 13th, 2011, 10:37 PM
I hold my breath for about 5 seconds after someone coughs or sneezes. Also, say someone accidentally coughed on my sleeve. I rub purel on my hands and rub it into my sleeve.

canadaski
November 13th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Forgot, also I check the stove sometimes up to 5 or 6 times before leaving it making sure I have a mental picture of the buttons in the off position. Sometimes i would run back down the street to the house to check the knobs again. I've also got the stereotypical hand washing 10 times per minute, especially when I'm preparing food. I always flush toilets with my right foot and close taps with my knuckles.

Veon
November 13th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Before I go to bed I make sure to hold and close my eyes (so I won't see scary figures in the dark) til the morning.

newstormywilt
November 15th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Randomly, I have to say something or touch something an amount of times or I feel like I might die, or someone else.. :/

Solvez18
November 16th, 2011, 12:32 AM
i have another. i have to make sure things are all off and if they're not i have to go back and check repeatidly. and then make sure the door is closed and also i have to make sure that if i wipe my leg or something i have to do the same to the other.

pepe78
November 16th, 2011, 12:43 AM
I do this thing with my eyes before I go to bed. I guess you could say I calibrate my eyes. I look to the left for a few minutes, then right, & up and down. I think if I don't do that my eyes will cross

VamosToro
November 16th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I have to do things in counts of four. I walk in counts of four. Hold my breath random times for fourseconds. I have to do certain things in sixteens because its my lucky number. I do some things in four because its the square root of my lucky number.

Syvelocin
November 16th, 2011, 06:54 PM
My skin-picking is probably the most embarrassing. I pick at pretty much anything really. Scabs, blemishes. And especially my fingers. They're not too bad, but they have some noticeable scarring around the cuticles. I just bite the skin around the nail unconsciously. That started around the time I got over my nail-biting, actually.

White
November 17th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Well my tv volume has to be divisible by 5. And if I(this is hard to explain) if one part of my body is touched i have to touch the other part until i am comfortable and same with taking drinks, if the drink is in one side of my mouth too long I gotta do the other side as long.

Nevermore
November 17th, 2011, 03:32 AM
Oh gwarsh.. don't get meh started.. I used to, thank God I stopped! Tuck in my sheets around my head and body so I was in a cocoon. Now I just sleep with the covers over my head. I have to wash my face, then brush my teeth, then pick at my face..
In class I pick at my face, scabs, blemishes anything. If I have skin on or near my cuticles I will pick it off. I literally will pick at my nails for hours..
Everything electronically volume has to be divisible by 5.
I have lots of quirky rituals. I have to cut my food up into small bits before I eat. I eat by colors and by caloric values. I also pick at my food. I also pull eyelashes..

Reagan Smash Bros
November 28th, 2011, 11:17 PM
For me, whatever I listen to or watch it's volume HAS to be on an even number no matter what.

BasketballBrad
November 29th, 2011, 09:07 AM
In my underwear drawer, I have to have the briefs, boxers, and boxer-briefs separated. I guess that's not too bad for OCD.

xDarkAngelx
November 29th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Just a couple, everytime i'm in the shower all the shampoo names have to be facing towards me and in a line, can be a couple of rows. Another is if I change the volume of something it has to be an even number.

HeroesAndCons
December 13th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I have to have a bottle of hand sani on me always, then whenever i go inside from outside i must wash my hands immediatly, if not i feel like i a scummy, and i have to read outloud when a certian word ticks me.

1_21Guns
December 13th, 2011, 08:40 PM
having to clean the bath before I run it... (one of the reasons I always have showers)

Ben4ever
December 14th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Tv volume has to be divisible by 5, I can't stand sleeping raised off the floor, I used to pick at my eyelashes, my right leg nearly constantly shakes when I sit.

XxMurderedKissesxX
December 15th, 2011, 02:54 PM
I have to burn the tube with hot water to kill any germs,and to make sure its clean. My socks CANT match, If a word catches my attention I have to say it three times,I have to set my alarm at an uneven number,get up at an uneven number and sort my food into groups. Those arent to bad,other then If someone says something that causes an urge i have to ask them to repeat it three times.

Mara-chan
December 18th, 2011, 02:27 AM
dear loard i have a lot.....but the 1 thats like....odd is that i have 2 wear 2 of (almost) everything.....
socks- 2 on each foot
bottoms- shorts and then long pants
tops- 2 tank tops....or a tank top and a shirt....or a tank top and a hoodie....
jewerly- 2 necklaces...and 2 bracelets on each wrist....

i have 2 eat an even number of food....like....if theres 11 m&ms....i only eat 10.....

most everything else is done in sets of 3.....

antiabort
December 18th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I constantly pick at my teeth.

Cicero
December 21st, 2011, 08:05 PM
I think I have OCD but I'm unsure, please answer my question!

http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1543973#post1543973

Wolfspirit
December 26th, 2011, 02:48 AM
I have to pet my puppy every time I go to bed as she sleeps in my bed and I have to make sure she is there, and I grit my teeth while doing it.

I check my phone at times even though I know no one has txted me or will.

I check thinks like the front door and oven and will do it multiple times before I go to bed, I always sneak into the hallway at night before going anywhere.

I have to erase everything I typed if I make one mistake same with writing.

I go through the things I have in my head multiple times before I leave.

I rub at ink stains on my arms till it turns red, I have to correct mistakes.

If I rub myself in one place a number of times I have to do it again until it feels right,

I can't sit in one position for too long.

My leg shakes at random times and it happens a lot.

My weight has to be watched, when I eat a lot I freak out and worry that I am fat.

Pencils and pigs have to be straight on my desk.

Papers have to be straight on my desk.

If I do something interesting I do it multiple times.

If I lie one way and move I have to lie the same way for it it feel right, which it never does.

Crooked things annoy me.

Everything has to be symmetrical.

Thanks to band I mark time at random times and I have to march in time.

I march when I need to walk.

I stretch in multiple seconds of 4 and two sets of them going half way then all the way.

TwilightFan
December 26th, 2011, 04:25 PM
When I flush the toilet, I have to run to the room, where I wanna go before that noise stops. Otherwise, I belive I'm going to be a loser in my life. You now, a high school drop out without a job ... That's kinda funny, really, since I'm the best in my class. :D Anyway, that's why I always pull my pants up and wash my hands before I flush the toilet. So I can run to the next room as fast as I can.

RoseyCadaver
December 27th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I have to check the locks, twice. If I look at someone, I have to turn around and do it twice. If touch something, I must feel all of it. I have to touch all my fingers if one touches another.

jimmyboy92
January 3rd, 2012, 02:24 PM
Forgot, also I check the stove sometimes up to 5 or 6 times before leaving it making sure I have a mental picture of the buttons in the off position. Sometimes i would run back down the street to the house to check the knobs again. I've also got the stereotypical hand washing 10 times per minute, especially when I'm preparing food. I always flush toilets with my right foot and close taps with my knuckles.

I have real bad ocd which pretty much takes over my life and there's loads of embarassing ones lol. But reading your post liam, you sound exactly the same as me!

screamtobeheard
January 4th, 2012, 03:32 PM
hmm..the only embarrassing one is the fact that every song must end on a zero before i shut the car off...it weirds people out that i wait up to 10 seconds for this.

I have one similar to that. When I turn my car off, I take the key out and get ready to open the door. Then, I restart the song I'm listening to and open the door really fast so that when I start my car again, it will replay the entire song from zero.

I have like a million embarrassing habits that everyone makes fun of. I have to tap splenda packets 8 times before shaking them 25 times, and then I can open them. They all have to be facing the same direction too. So many people stare at me when I'm doing this.

I work at Chick-Fil-A, and if I'm on register, all the money in my register has to be facing the same direction. So I have to organize the money any of my customers gives me, and it takes forever.

I could go on forever. >.<

Vonn
January 4th, 2012, 04:05 PM
If I buy a video game or a DVD, I have to check the disc for scratches. Then when I've put it back in the case, I get really paranoid that I've just scratched it and take it out again. It goes on until I can shove it into its appropriate system.

When I set an alarm, I have to check it every few minutes to make sure it hasn't shut itself off, and I end up getting no sleep.

I don't eat cereal with milk anymore, but when I did, I ate super fast because I would just end up throwing it away once it got even the tiniest bit soggy. The cereal has to be damp, but hard, or else it makes me feel sick. ._.

If I'm writing something and accidentally smudge it, I have to erase the entire word (or sometimes the entire sentence) and start over.

Eclipsical
January 24th, 2012, 08:57 PM
I just remembered one. You can see it right here actually. I won't leave a message board unless my post count has a zero at the end...that's why whenever you see my post counts they almost always end in zero, unless I'm currently active on the board...so I generally post in 10 threads...or make 10 posts...in fact, this post makes 190 so I'm done...lol

northskater110
January 25th, 2012, 12:38 AM
My roommate is super messy, so I clean the shit out of my room on the reg. I basically have to do it every night, it freaking sucks.

Desuetude
January 30th, 2012, 01:50 PM
When it gets dark the curtains in any room that im in even if its filled with people have to be completely closed and i mean so absolutely nothing can be seen, if they get moved then i have to go back and close them or it bugs me until i do. If its blinds they have to be turned upsidedown so if you are bellow them you can't see anything from the outside.

flumeendeavors
January 31st, 2012, 10:05 PM
Oh gosh! Well, there are a few things. The biggest one is probably that i always have to touch things right in the middle and if i cant touch it, i have to look right at the middle and if i dont, i feel like im going to die. Also, if im typing on a computer and my finger doesnt fit directly in the center of the key, i have to delete the whole word and start over again.
Another thing i do is that i sometimes get the urge to say things more than once, even if its not needed or else something bad is going to happen. :/ Certain things have to be at even numbers, like the tv volume or the amount of breaths i take in a minute.
Also, if one part of my body is touched in a certain spot, i have to do it on the other side as well, with the same amount of pressure and if i cant get it right, i get mad and hit that area :S
OH And one final thing is that whenever i pass a bathroom with an open door, i have to close it or else i get really panicky.

AAAAH. I hate being OCD!!!!

flumeendeavors
January 31st, 2012, 10:15 PM
Another things is that i always have to make the "T" sound three times whenever i read or write something with T words in them but only words like THAT or TO.

Rage of the Menace
February 14th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Everything has to be even. My desk, my book, my drawings my bed, posters, shoes, EVERYTHING. Also, i never put the volume on anything but: 10,20,30,40,50,60 (etc).

Caver
February 14th, 2012, 04:28 AM
My embarrasing OCD habit is armpits...
I hate a tiny bit of hair on them so I shave it, and I dont want them to sweat...
SO lots of deodrant on them! LOL

Shamwow_Me
February 14th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I hate seeing people with things on them , even if it's just a little piece of hair out of placee . It bothers the fuck outta me .
And i WILL NOT , under any circumstance eat a piece of yellow candy, if i even see yellow candy i get nervous and start to sweat. It's weirdd.

Shark98
March 8th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I have to lift up the toilet seat before I go to make sure there is nothing underneath

Recreated
March 8th, 2012, 06:37 PM
I only have a very minor case. I put my shirt over my nose everytime someone cough/sneezes I'm afraid I'll catch an airborne germ so when I'm in the pool or something it's rlly hard. Also, I organize stuff at stores it pisses people off

snow661
March 13th, 2012, 11:07 PM
lol i have to look forward before i close my eyes or i think they will get stuck sideways, ya im weird

Dragon_Droppings
March 13th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Well my tv volume has to be divisible by 5. And if I(this is hard to explain) if one part of my body is touched i have to touch the other part until i am comfortable and same with taking drinks, if the drink is in one side of my mouth too long I gotta do the other side as long.

Same except for the tv thing.

Wolverine.
March 20th, 2012, 02:24 AM
All my school books are written in pink highlighter and black pen. I can't write in my books if I don't have those colours. A week ago, we were taking notes in class and I had written a whole page of them. My friend drew a smiley face in orange on the corner of the page. I had to rip out that page at start all over again.

I brush my teeth in a curtain way, (10 brush strokes on each side of my teeth in a curtain order), and if i don't do it like that, I think my teeth will fall out or something.

I put my clothes on in an order and if I don't, I think something bad will happen and it irritates me all day.

EVERYTHING has to be symmetrical and straight.

When a word on TV or in a sentence sticks out, I write it with my first finger on my thumb.

There are more hahahaha...

khila
March 20th, 2012, 05:31 PM
I always have to look someone up and down 11 times before i will make eye contact if not i think they have a weapon

BassSwagg
March 20th, 2012, 06:32 PM
I have to open and close a door three times befor i walk through it, same with drawrs, the refrideratior the toilet seat, the trashcan, cabnits and lids

LuciferSam
April 8th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Before I go to sleep, i have to make sure that the gas is off on the stove, first going one way along the burners, then the other. Whenever I stack anything, it has to be in order from largest to smallest. The books on my bookshelf have to be ordered by size, and all series books must be in order. If anyone is aware of how the Redwall books are written in a wierd order, occasionally skipping over and then going back, then go back some more and then skip back ahead, I actually took the time to figure out the order that they should really be in, then I put them on the shelf! I also don't like things to be overlapped. They have to either be stacked or one next to the other, but never overlapped. Everything I do has to be in doubles. 2, 4, 8, 16, etc. My radio or MP3 player volume has to be at values like this. When I get up in the morning the order goes like this: Shower, eat cereal with glass of OJ, brush teeth, rinse mouth, wash face, shave if necessary, put on pants, put on shirt, put on socks. Routine is only altered if circumstances prevent it from happening this way.

LuciferSam
April 8th, 2012, 05:31 PM
For any Big Bang Theory fans out there, (knockknockknock) Penny? (knockknockknock) Penny? (knockknockknock) Penny?

Noxail
April 16th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Volume MUST be on a number divisble by five. The time I wake up MUST be divisble by five. Normally it's 8:15, if I sleep past 8:15, I get up at 8:20. No one can disturb my windchimes in my bedroom. The fan can jingle them. Otherwise no one is allowed to touch them (this has caused an accute awareness of them and now, I can avoid them even in the dark, although they are hanging directly in the middle of the room) I I self harm on one side of my body, I must have the same exact number of cuts on the other side of my body. I cannot step on the dark wood, or the light wood planks in my floor. Only the middle shade is safe. Everything I do must be done in even numbers, or numbers divisible by five. humph. Didn't realise there was so many until I wrote them down *facepalm* :rolleyes: Stay Smooth ~Holli

Eclipsical
May 4th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Posting because of what I said before. One of the threads I posted in must have been deleted cuz my post count is at 259....nooo...must end with 0!

PeterAlexander
May 5th, 2012, 06:18 PM
When I do a sleepover at Justin's, he lets me use his shower. And when I'm done, I make sure I wipe up the water drops on the glass door with a towel.

I don't do this with my own shower.

Whenever I shave my pits, I always go left, then right, then left and right again.

Oops, forgot one. When I sleep in my own bed, it's boxer-briefs. But if I sleep in Justin's bed, it's gym shorts over those. I don't want him to think there will be any funny business going on.

Lyra Heartstrings
May 5th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Everything on my desk at school has to be absolutely PERFECT.
I keep adjusting it..and adjusting it..and adjusting it. :c The thing is, I truly don't care about my room. I'm weird.

xXoblivionXx
May 6th, 2012, 12:37 PM
I can't start the day until my room is PERFECT. If I come home and my bed is messed up I can't go to sleep until I fix it. :P

December
May 7th, 2012, 10:22 PM
I always have to straighten things on my desk at school,especially if someone messes it up. I always divide my food into 4 pieces before eating it but only when i am at school. If other peoples stuff is askew i have to fix that too and there are certain phrases i have to say in my head at certain times, like if i hear an ambulance.

Lolli
June 23rd, 2012, 06:05 AM
I brush my teeth for two minutes then swill my mouth and repeat five times
I pick at the inside of my mouth after I talk with my fingers to remove old skin
I separate meals into meats carbs and veg, then the veg into colours
When I have a bath I have to sit in it while it runs because I'm scared it will over flow.
I have to put headphones in my ear in an order, left then right

Desuetude
June 23rd, 2012, 07:26 AM
My documents on the computer are immaculate, I spend ages de-cluttering and I have folders in folders, everything has to be perfect.
Same with my books, every one of them have to be in order and in the right place or I have to take the 100 odd favourite books and sort them all out again :P
My rooms a complete tip though, whoop.

Electra Heart
June 25th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Well...

-Objects that end in points cannot face me.
-I have particular specifications for adjusting volumes, and brightness. (Ex. By 2's, 5's, 10's, etc.)
-I cannot step on cracks in the sidewalk.
-If I something on one side of my body is touched I must do the same to the other side or it will be uneven. (Even duplicating the number of times hit.)
-If I room has hand sanitizer I will use it once upon entering, and one when I leave.
-The spines of the books on my bookshelf have to be even.
-I adjust the size, and position of the windows I have open on my computer very specifically.
-I cannot stand many things covering the floor for long periods of time.

These are only the ones I can think of right now.

Skeptical Bear
June 25th, 2012, 04:01 AM
-Volume on anything has to be in 5's.

-My video games have to be organized alphabetically.

-My clothes have to be organized in my specific way or it'll bother me a lot. From left to right: Coats, down to vest coats, then hoodies, hoodless sweaters, then normal sweaters, long sleeve button down shirts, short sleeve button down shirts, then graphic tee's, and school gym uniforms ALWAYS last to right. But in each of these sections, light colors go first and then dark colors go last. And if there is a brand that repeats, they go together depending on what kind of clothing they both are.

-In any room I sleep in, I make sure all doors and windows are closed. Door that leads to the room, closets, curtains cover the window.

-I need to sleep with some type of noise. A fan. Radio on. Something. This might sound crazy, but if someone comes into my room, I won't hear the door creak. Which scares the living crap out of me. And if it's someone who's going to kill me, it won't be silent. Which will scare me even more as well. Silence scares me at night.

-I try my best that if I enter someone into my contact list in my phone or anything else, I need to put their last name and first. Where they live. If I know. And other information. The area code must be in parenthesis. So the phone number would be like this... (347) 757-4706. As well as categorize each contact as to who they are for me. Ex: Friend, Partner, best friend, etc....

-I used to have one where I had to moisturize my feet every time I woke up. And before I went to sleep.

-I hate getting my feet dirty at home. Wear flip flops or socks at all times at home. If outside, I hate getting my feet wet or dirty in any way. Unless it's raining and I get completely wet or I'm at the park and the big fountain/sprinkler's on. Feet can't be dirty/wet alone.

-I need to wear socks with shoes no matter what. It bothers me if I don't.

-If I buy any type of video game, I store the receipt inside the box with all of them.

-This one's a bit weird I think. Every time I go to the bathroom, I need to wash the head of my penis. I have a foreskin so I'm scared I could get an infection if I don't wash it well. So I do it every visit to the bathroom. Anywhere. Unless it's a public bathroom.

-Flush the toilet if it seems like it hasn't been flushed.

-In my Ipod; I must organize every song. Meaning all of them must be spelled right, have good grammar/punctuation(If I think it needs it), everything goes in its sections(Arist: ..... Song: .....), find out information about the song to fill out on the Ipod(Album name, etc), before I finish using my Ipod, I must put the song back to the beginning. Not the middle. Not the end. Beginning. And it has to be set on the home screen.

-I sleep with sheets on all the time. No matter how hot it is.

That's all I could think of for now. I sound fucking crazy.

wild1
June 25th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Well...

-Objects that end in points cannot face me.
-I have particular specifications for adjusting volumes, and brightness. (Ex. By 2's, 5's, 10's, etc.)
-I cannot step on cracks in the sidewalk.
-If I something on one side of my body is touched I must do the same to the other side or it will be uneven. (Even duplicating the number of times hit.)
-If I room has hand sanitizer I will use it once upon entering, and one when I leave.
-The spines of the books on my bookshelf have to be even.
-I adjust the size, and position of the windows I have open on my computer very specifically.
-I cannot stand many things covering the floor for long periods of time.

These are only the ones I can think of right now.

tim :(

Montesquieu15
June 25th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I have one where I have the urge to look into the four corners of a room. I bet its a treat for others to see, cuz in class, at random moments, I would suddenly sit straight, have an attentative look in my face and systematically glance at every corner of the room. A recent one I noticed is i make the sign of the cross before engaging with friends to ensure everything goes well. Or I don't do something embarrassing. Its weird.

HumbleBumble
June 25th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Uhm.

- The spines of my books must be neatly and evenly lined up next to one another.
- When I'm about to take a dump I throw in a piece of toiletpaper first.
- I just discovered that when I'm about to pour sauce on my food, I'll pour three times, but on the third pour, I'll only pour a little bit, and then put the spoon back into the container.
- I get very uncomfortable when using the regular Minecraft texture pack, because it's so not symmetric, so I use the oCd pack instead lol
- Also if I see something being just half an inch out of place, I'll adjust it until I'm comfortable.
- Whenever I say or think something like "I won't ever crash a car" or "of course the aeroplane won't crash". I'll think to myself "7-9-13" and knock on something simultaneously to prevent it from actually happening.
————
Former habits:
- Whenever I went to bed, I'd think that I only had five seconds, from turning on the lights until being under the my bed sheet. Otherwise something bad would happen.
- I'd always make sure that NOONE would be able to look into my room from outside, meaning that I'd sometimes put something heavy on my curtain, to keep it in place.

Rayquaza
June 25th, 2012, 06:51 PM
The volume must be on a number that is even or ends with 5.
If I scratch one side of my body, I must scratch the other side.
If I cough, I must cough a second time.
If I look somewhere, I need to look in the other direction.
When looking into the corner of my room, I decept my eyes into seeing the two different 3D shapes that can be formed.
When listening to music through earphones I need to breathe loudly to hear how well the earphones are working if they are cancelling out noise. This is done very time I wear earphones.

Mob Boss
June 25th, 2012, 07:56 PM
I can't step on a crack...no matter what I do, I CANNOT step on a crack
I can't drink after anyone. I just can't and it hurts people's feelings when I won't take a drink of their drink. :(
After I wash my hands I don't like touching anything
I like things in alphabetical order
I touch my thumb to the tiips of all my fingers when I'm nervous

Unicornasaurus Rex
June 26th, 2012, 03:34 PM
When I am leaving for school in the morning I go around the house pressing the switches about 6 times making sure they are off and close all doors. I then sometimes forget and start again -.-

chica_imperfecta
June 26th, 2012, 11:04 PM
My money HAS to be in order in my wallet. 1's in the front and so on. If I have more than one of the same kind of bill, I organize them by the green letters/numbers in the corner. My friends hate when we go shopping and I have to put change back in my wallet. But I can't help it!!

Incompris
June 26th, 2012, 11:09 PM
My money has to be in order, if I touch one of my fingers I have to touch each one also, I cant jeans and a T-shirt in the same drawer.

Sleepwalking
June 27th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Some of mine have already been mentioned, but I'll say them anyway.

-I wash my hands constantly. When I was younger I did it til my hands were red raw. Now it isn't as bad.
-I like to make sure plates and cutlery are clean and dry before eating on/with them, even multiple times incase the germs are there.
-I hate sitting near a window incase people see me. During the day I shut the blinds and sit away from them to make sure I'm "safe".
-I hate filth. I don't like touching other peoples plates or things they touch, but I do touch TV Remotes etc. It's weird.
-I bite my fingernails and the skin around them. I can't control it.
-I also "crack" my fingers against my palms.
-I can't look anybody in the eyes. Maybe its a confidence issue, but I feel bad if I do.
-I hate being touched.
-I hate being looked at by people.
-I hate being singled out in a crowd, or being the center of attention. It is too much pressure.
-Things have to be a certain way, as in position.
-Volume has to be at an even number, or at a multiple of five.
-Online and when writing, I need to use correct grammar or it bugs me til I'm annoyed. I do make mistakes of course, but not conscious ones.

This list was made so that the letter "I" was in a vertical line.
Yeah. That's how weird I am. Some of these are not really OCD related, but I thought I'd share them anyway.

STSA
July 1st, 2012, 11:40 AM
Before I go asleep, the digital clock has to go to "59" and then I shut out the light quick. If it goes onto the next minute, I have to wait or else I won't get a good nights sleep :cool:

I don't drink out of anyone's drink and they can't have a "slug" of mine, I think it's gross.

CalicoCat
July 1st, 2012, 08:00 PM
Used to hate it when anyone (including my own self) touched my face during the day time and the only time I could touch my face was when I woke up in the morning and went to bed because I had to put moisturizer on it. I was terrified of blemishes and had really dry skin which gave me rashes sometimes and thought that if anyone's germs or germs on my hand from that day got on my face it would make it worse.

In grade 9 when I started learning how to type in my computer class, I got this thing where I would talk in real life and then I would type it in my head. I would see the computer screen in my head and it would be typing it out. That includes everything, even when I was just thinking to myself.

Hate it when things are surrounding me in the washroom, if lets say I'm using the toilet I can't have anything around me.. No garbage can.. No toilet paper within a certain distance of me or towels on the floor or magazines etc. or else I feel like I'm suffocating. I always hated going to the washroom. To add to that I always have to look behind me when I'm sitting on the toilet before I use it around 3 times because I'm scared that something is in the toilet and waiting for me when Im not looking.

CTToTTD
August 10th, 2012, 03:28 AM

That is mine exactly lol and car radio volume has to be divisable by five or and even number unless its a double like 33 or 11:rolleyes:I

Stephan
August 10th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Not too many idiosyncrasies..I guess nail biting for the most part.

HunterSteele
August 12th, 2012, 02:26 AM
I always wash my hands before touching my iPod or Xbox 360 controllers.
I won't move the lid of my laptop while it's booting up.
I need to raise the blinds of my windows all the way up.
When securing windows I lower the lock on the track first, then close the latch on the pillar.
I always coil hoses in a perfect circle or oval after I'm done using them. If a hose if being stubborn, I connect it to hot water to soften the rubber.
If I get a cut on my hand, arm or leg, I keep that arm or leg out of the water when having a shower until it heals completely. Once I got a huge scratch on my left leg under my knee. It healed, but left a scar. Because the scar was there I didn't feel like it healed, so for about a year ever time I had a shower I'd keep my leg out of the stream of water.
I always insert my laptop into the bag with the hinge down. Although this is more to keep the protrusion of the extended run battery from blocking the zipper than OCD. (here's a pic (http://photos.pcpro.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_PC_Pro/dir_313/it_photo_156730_52.jpg) so you know what I mean)
My video games stay in the exact same order on the shelf as they were when I picked them up. I bought them used from a friend and he handed them to me in a stack in a shopping bag and I've kept them in that order ever since.
I won't leave my Black Ops game disk in my console overnight. Other games I'll leave in there if I know I'll play them tomorrow, but Black Ops goes back in its case.
When listening to my iPod I always put the earphone wire under my shirt.
If I'm partially through a song on my iPod or iTunes and I decide to pick a different song I touch or click respectively the end of the scrubber bar before I choose the next song so iTunes will increment the play count.
If I want to stick my feet out from under the covers when I'm sleeping I fold the corner of my sheets back carefully and stick my feet out.

There's another more complex one that I'll post later when I have more time.

I always have to look someone up and down 11 times before i will make eye contact if not i think they have a weapon
I think all of America does that before making eye contact.

rockburntm
August 26th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Oh my god all yours are nothing compared to mine. I have to switch off my computer, watch the led go off whilst touching my chair, turn anti clockwise 180 degrees, kick the right leg of the chair 3 times then the left leg 4 times. Unplug then place the plug facing vertically downwards moving it roughly 1.7 cm at a time, then turn on the radio, immediately turn the volume to 3 then 4 then 3 then 4, and repeat this 9 times. Then I do a similar thing oh my god there's SO MUCH MORE. I can't explain it all :(

Jackerlus
September 7th, 2012, 04:28 PM
My skin-picking is probably the most embarrassing. I pick at pretty much anything really. Scabs, blemishes. And especially my fingers. They're not too bad, but they have some noticeable scarring around the cuticles. I just bite the skin around the nail unconsciously. That started around the time I got over my nail-biting, actually.

Hey, be careful about biting the skin around your nails, my uncle did that when he was younger. He got a bad infection in it and had to have it amputated!

Matt_2012
September 10th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Just departing with things um afraid of losing thing. mainly stuff like that.

Gearfried
September 26th, 2012, 08:31 PM
-I can't sit on the left side of the car as a passenger. When I drove the first time, I was sweating bullets because I was on the left side of the car.
-I freak out when my Mom is driving on curvy country roads and I panic that we will go off the road because I don't think she turns soon enough at curves in the road.
-My computer and anything I own has to be extremely customized to my liking.
-I change all of my passwords weekly to prevent people from finding them out by watching me type, etc.
-I smell my hand whenever I scratch my head or ear. I don't know why, but if I don't, I get very uncomfortable.
-I can't have more than 1 or 2 desktop icons or tabs open at a time. It makes me nervous.

xXJust Jump ItXx
September 26th, 2012, 09:59 PM
More than 2 internet tabs and I freak out...

demstrawberries
September 28th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Internet tabs. I have having so much or I feel claustrophobic in an odd way.

Also, whenever someone hits me on the shoulder or something, I have to hit myself on my other shoulder or else I'll start being aggressive and impatient, just 'cause I don't like having one side being different from the other in that sense.

Another thing is whenever I burp, I have to say 'Scuse' which is a French slang word for "Pardon Me". But the thing is, I say that even when I'm alone. Same for farting, but saying that is very awkward, haha.

People have made fun of me for that, but it doesn't really bother me, so this isn't really an agressive OCD, mostly just something I have to do ... or something.

IVIodern
October 3rd, 2012, 02:24 PM
Internet tabs. I have having so much or I feel claustrophobic in an odd way.

Oh god...... http://speedcap.net/sharing/442/afc19cbafe25f9f63e7d6958173cfad8.png

Cicero
October 4th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Those arent that embarrasing. Mine are probably more embarrasing then yours, but its hard to explain.

Basically with OCD, if you give into that copmulsion, the OCD is getting stronger. If you dont give into it, it gets weaker, over a long period of time. Sometimes Ill spend 20 mins on a little weird OCD obsession.

xXJust Jump ItXx
October 4th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Someone bad repped me for the post above, let me say... Not appreciated and your English is horrid! I am not making it a joke, I do have OCD. I have extremly bad anxiety too and oh yeah I have a tumor. I make jokes about tumors, because I can and I have one.

Matt_2012
October 5th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Ahh yes, embarresing ocd habits.. i got alot of them. Sometimes i have to hold my breath for most things, gets to the point where I've fainted in the past.

Got a tonne more but too embarrassing haha.

Joshh97
October 11th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Trichotillomania, something I can't stop, I guess it's to do with OCD in a way.

azure moonstone
November 15th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Every pair of shoes that I own is in order, from newest to oldest. It doesn't matter the size or style or purpose - always newest to oldest.

survivor
November 23rd, 2012, 08:42 PM
I flush toilets with my foot and open doors with my elbows. I have to do things an even amount of times and I hate the left; I sleep on the right side of the bed, when i'm a passenger I sit on the right side of the car, I'm left side dominant yet I learned to write with my right hand, etc.

CalebAustin
November 26th, 2012, 01:43 AM
I hold my breath for about 5 seconds after someone coughs or sneezes. Also, say someone accidentally coughed on my sleeve. I rub purel on my hands and rub it into my sleeve.

I do the same as hold my breath for a couple seconds lol

Zombiepal
December 20th, 2012, 03:08 AM
hm.. Yes. Whenever I play a video game with a friend it has to be my way. For instance; if I were to be playing a game of minecraft the house would have to be perfectly symmetrical on each side. If its not symmetrical I will flip out. Also if I see an object by another object that looks similar I will try to make them symmetrical. Symmetry for the win! Also, I wanted to say thy I am happy I'm not the only person on these forums that watches My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. Hopefully there are no flaws in this, I am tired and on my phone.

dan8854
December 20th, 2012, 05:04 AM
everything needs to be symmetric or in a pattern. like posters on my wall.

David'sGirl
January 13th, 2013, 10:43 PM
when i put any disc in like a console i have to move it around til i see that its secure and i do it once more before i close it.

Oh my gosh I always move the disks around to make sure they're secure too, cause 'if it's not in there right it'll get messed up'.

I hold my breath for about 5 seconds after someone coughs or sneezes.

I do stuff like that, even hold my breath for a second when I pass by people in the store if they're close and it's flu season.

If I buy a video game or a DVD, I have to check the disc for scratches. Then when I've put it back in the case, I get really paranoid that I've just scratched it and take it out again.

If I hit a DVD on the case while tring to put it in I often check for scratches too.

-My video games have to be organized alphabetically.

-My clothes have to be organized in my specific way or it'll bother me a lot. From left to right: Coats, down to vest coats, then hoodies, hoodless sweaters, then normal sweaters, long sleeve button down shirts, short sleeve button down shirts, then graphic tee's, and school gym uniforms ALWAYS last to right. But in each of these sections, light colors go first and then dark colors go last. And if there is a brand that repeats, they go together depending on what kind of clothing they both are.

I organize my closet either by color or type of clothes sometimes, and I put my dvds in alphebetical order...I don't always do these things though.

I touch my thumb to the tiips of all my fingers when I'm nervous

I touch my thumbnail to my pointer finger, then touch all the other fingernails to my thumb and then like go backwards.

-I wash my hands constantly. When I was younger I did it til my hands were red raw. Now it isn't as bad.
-I like to make sure plates and cutlery are clean and dry before eating on/with them, even multiple times incase the germs are there.

I wash my hands alot. Say I'm making a sandwich. I would wash my hands to eat, get a plate, get the bread out of the bag, put it on the plate, wash my hands (even if I touched the bread after touching the bag anyway), grab the peanut butter and jelly, put them on the bread, wash my hands, then go eat. Although sometimes touching boxes and stuff doesn't bug me, sometimes it does. And I check like silverware before I use it.

And also, with the handwashing, in the winter my hands get dry and sometimes crack/bleed. Often I do 'the works', which involves washing my hands well, and rubbing my fingernails on the opposite palm, and depending on why I'm washing my hands, I wash up my arm/s a bit, and when I rinse, sometimes I buth rub my nails on the opposite palm again AND then manipulate them under the faucet to rinse under them. I take a lot longer than most perople washing my hands. I also recall episodes from when I was younger, one I just kept washing and washing my hands (think I had a certain number I had to do) and started crying, and one time I was pleased with myself for now washing my hands after my FOOT touched something.

Also I remember, other OCD episodes, one time I had this really bad OCD thing, I remember I was riding my bike and couldn't enjoy it cause I never finished whatever things I was needing to do mentally, and then I was in my room and I was upset or something. Terrible feeling. Also, I apparently had some sort of count on my fingers thing I think was probably OCD related. Oh, and saying stuff alot/a certain number of times. We have one home video where it was Christmas time and I was five, and I repeatedly said two phrases 'dumb babies' (from Rugrats that we always watched as a kid) and 'Ho-ho-ho'. That video embarrases me.

I have emetophobia too so that makes me very germ aware. Like Monk I don't really like shaking hands, and I don't like to eat and touch my computer with the same hand; if I eat at the computer I usually keep my right hand for typing since I'm right-handed and eat with my left hand.

Probably a few more I'm forgetting.

rocketsheep
March 11th, 2013, 04:28 PM
sometimes ill shut a door lke 18 times

MrMundane
March 11th, 2013, 10:44 PM
I can't touch doorknobs in public bathrooms

Hunter_Steel
March 24th, 2013, 05:57 PM
I straighten pictures, and make everything I have adjacent to my computer, and my computer has to be adjacent at a 90 degree angle to the wall or else I get a slight bit uncomfortable.

I have a habit of being a Grammar Nazi at points. N sometimes I can get fairly miffed if someone sent me a text with tonnes of spelling mistakes.

when I am in games, my ingame aliases have to be in a specific way depending on the type of character: If I am piloting a super dreadnought for the Corsair Empire, the ship is immediately tagged with CAS~ which stands for Corsair Assault Ship. The way I make my passwords too has to be in a specific manner, everything I do is carefully thought out.

Even when I argue, I do the entire argument in my head before starting an argument. I get angry if someone moves something of mine out of its place. All bottles have to have their labels pointing outwards.

But yeah, not sure if that qualifies as an OCD, but that's mine.

~Hunter

DoodleSnap
March 27th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Batteries must have plus symbol facing up.

Captain Wolf
March 29th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Hygiene freak lol :P

NTTHRASH
April 3rd, 2013, 07:48 PM
TV volume has to be a non-prime number, I will sanitize others' hands if they haven't washed in 45 minutes, everything that is typed must be formatted, grammatically correct, and spelled properly, and many others as well.

MediaJordan
April 10th, 2013, 04:50 AM
I'm the one who has to have everything in place in my bedroom, if something is messy or out of line it annoys me!! horrible controlling thoughts erghh

Interstellar
June 7th, 2013, 12:23 PM
The TV volume has to be an even number and whenever I sit in a chair it has to be from the left side

thatgothgirluknow
December 24th, 2013, 01:16 PM
ive never been diagnosed but i supect when anything touched me or i touched it i used to have to do the same thing to the other side like say i hit my arm on a bench i would have to go and hit the other arm on the bench in the exact same place

oh and i also cant leave my bedroom door even a crack open when im in it or i just stare at the door like it will close on its own till finally i get up and shut it

Posts merged. Next time, please use the "Edit" button. ~Elysium

Barneytinsen
December 26th, 2013, 08:27 AM
-i hate something sticking out (like in a hamper if theres some clothes sticking out i really need to put it back there...)

-when folding stuff (ex:blanket) i always examine every inch of it if theres something not proportional like the sides i will always repeat it

-and this is a ocd in the past which i really hate.I always count in my head by fours and i twitch my every finger.this is the most annoying ocd and its like its LSS but for a year.

Hallie
January 5th, 2014, 10:23 PM
I HAVE to turn out all the lights that aren't being used and shut all the doors in the house. I also sometimes find myself counting my steps in measures of common time while walking (used to be all the time, now the habit is fading), and when I do, my last step HAS to be an even number.

DarknessUnicorn
January 6th, 2014, 01:46 PM
My food can't touch. At all. My friends make fun of me o3o Also, I will seriously clean out the fridge and organize it by food group if it's getting too cluttered, as well as the pantry. It really bugs me but I love how organized everything is afterwards! :D

baseballfan
January 20th, 2014, 09:32 PM
I actually mix my food together haha

Elysium
January 20th, 2014, 10:06 PM
This thread was bumped. :locked: