PDA

View Full Version : Explanation? No more delusions?

Bath
August 12th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Ok I'm aware none of you can diagnose me, but I'm curious because I always thought this was weird. I think that I used to be schizophrenic, but it disappeared on it's own with no help. I'm pretty well-informed on most mental illnesses so I know this sounds really really weird, but here's the deal. (and I'm gonna try and make it short.)

I had fucked up experiences since I turned 11, my dad was always fucked up, I started self harming by scratching myself and banging my head on walls. My mom randomly took me and my brother away and left my dad and we were homeless and then got a home and yada yada. When I turned 12, and until I was almost 14, weird shit was happening. To me. I would have delusions, I thought I could control the world in some ways. I'd cry and pray and try every single way to make everybody be gone in the world. I thought if I believed hard enough, if I woke up in the morning, everybody would be gone. I literally thought I could make that happen.

Also, I thought I could control things happening in the world. I thought to myself, ok, at 12pm today, my dad will call me and tell me he got a job offer in Europe and he was going to take me there with him. I firmly BELIEVED it. I thought if I believed it, it would happen.

I would talk to "ghosts".

I never told any of this to my therapists.

This is actually the first time I'm writing it out and telling anyone.

But that doesn't happen anymore. I'm not delusional. I have some problems with my emotions, but I'm not delusional anymore. It completely went away. I know how the world works. I think back to my delusions and feel embarrassed.

Does anybody have any explanations for this?

ShatteredWings
August 12th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Option one, you really did see ghosts (Unpopular opinion, but hey)

Option two, it's stress related, and as that's gone down your mind isn't creating things anymore. Not all hallucinations/delusions are schitzophrenia.

Bath
August 12th, 2011, 11:55 PM
That makes sense. I was under tons of stress and was going through life changing experiences out of my control.

I also had very little contact with anybody. Just my brother and depressed mother. No social interaction, no internet, no anything. I think that had something to do with it.

Nessa
September 12th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Probably just stress related.