PDA

View Full Version : Just diagnosed

misguided ghost
July 22nd, 2011, 10:49 PM
I haven't posted anything in a long time but I'm desperate for help, I used to post on the cutting and self harm thread but I've just been diagnosed with Bipolar depression. I realized that I cut only to deal with my bipolar episodes. It's sooo hard to deal with the episodes! I get sooo frusterated with myself. I know that the ability to rationalize turns off when I have an episode but I still wanna beat myself up for not being able to control it, I'm desperate for advice.

FcknMarc
July 22nd, 2011, 11:00 PM
Aw I'm sorry :(
I don't know anything about bipolar disorder but are you on medication for it ?

misguided ghost
July 23rd, 2011, 11:03 AM
I'm on medication for it and for depression. I'm trying to stay positive that it will help.

XxMurderedKissesxX
July 23rd, 2011, 11:35 AM
My boyfriends bipolar/manic depressive. Anyway,when he has an episode or thinks hes going to have one he calls,comes over,or I go to him. That way hes not alone,he has someone to talk to and make sure hes safe. Is there someone who could maybe do that for u? With ur feelings of frustration,painting,writing,drawing,loud music,anything that can help u vent. If ur upset about being diagnosed,dont be. Its simply a label,u are the same person,just now they can help with episodes and mood swings with medication and possibly therapy.

misguided ghost
July 23rd, 2011, 05:34 PM
I usually go to my boyfriend but lately my episodes are taking a tole on my relationship. I've been yelling and fighting with my boyfriend during my episodes. I try to stop but its sooo hard. It seems like I don't know how to control myself' which makes me feel like a monster.

LiTTleBrok3nDolly
August 5th, 2011, 01:42 AM
I have bi polar 2 with psychotic episodes. What I can tell you is that my therapist doesn't know how long I've had it, but the way I cope in the healthy way is walking with someone without talking, just walking, you can do this with ur bf, so you won't have to argue with him. Another one is taking a shower and sometimes crying during it. Cleaning myself gives me a refreshed start feeling and I start over with my mood. Another thing you can do is sit, then stand up and go do something nice for yourself, art, nails, makeover, movie, treat. Another thing you can do is write down how you feel, either in a journal or here and we can respond to you and help you. My episodes of low can be very low to the point where I cut, I've made it a month without cutting. But I've had fallbacks of wanting to cut, my dad gave me two options, to either read a book called lady injury or write my feelings down. I chose to hold my two guinea pigs and it helped. He also said to sit and then go do something productive, I did, with the piggies. I hope this helped somewhat. I understand how you feel with the mood swings. It is very hard to control and it sucks, but im here for you if you need to chat. Message me if need be