PDA

View Full Version : How out are you?

ShyGuyInChicago
July 22nd, 2011, 06:09 PM
I am curious as to how far out of the closet you are. Is your sexuality common knowledge are you like me (nobody in the real world knows)? Do only certain people know?

clr9823
July 22nd, 2011, 07:02 PM
Only 3 or 4 of my closest friends knew I was Bi, then I got drunk at a party and *bamn* wake up and everyone there knows. Luckily it was only my close friends there, but I'm going to a much bigger party tomorrow so everyone may find out :L

villain
July 22nd, 2011, 08:34 PM
Probably 1/4 of the school and my sister is hinting off she knows i am gay

blackout123123
July 22nd, 2011, 11:28 PM
Almost all of my friends and acquaintances know I'm bi, but there are some people like my parents who I haven't told yet.

nameless12
July 23rd, 2011, 12:07 AM
only my closest friends know that I'm bi , i think they are 7 or 8 people no one in my family knows yet

WonderTastic
July 23rd, 2011, 05:10 AM
i have 2 people lol closet is barley open

Harley Quinn
July 23rd, 2011, 05:13 AM
I picked common knowledge, for the reason that nearly everyone i know, knows. It's not exactly that hard to tell i'm gay, so it's pretty obvious. I'd put completely out, but i'm not, at least not to my family.

grstl
July 23rd, 2011, 03:25 PM
Only a very few here know I am gay, and nobody in my family except my girlfriend who chooses to stay as my best friend team with me to best raise our son.

Thank goodness for the openness to open up here on VT and other internet venues....it creates tolerable breathing room in my small, tight, suffocating closet.

Unlucky_Leprechaun
July 24th, 2011, 07:21 AM
There a re a few that know that I am at least Bi... but am definitely leaning more towards gay... still trying to figure it out myself ! :-) But, some have figured it out-- in my last town I lived in and only 2 here so far...so I'm pretty deep in there still

LittleMonster
July 24th, 2011, 09:02 AM
I just fully came out on Facebook about week ago :D some people knew before that like my mom and sister and like 3 people at school. I think I may have lost a friend, but that's her lose. There are only
Two people I won't tell and that's my grandparents. My grandmother scares me. But now, I'm free to make hot guy comments! :D

Captor K
July 24th, 2011, 10:52 PM
I'm very much out, with a few exceptions.

As I prepare to enter my sophomore year of college, it suffices to say that everyone who knows me on campus (and that is a lot of people) know that I am gay, as I came out last summer. College has really shaped my views on the issues, and my sexuality has had no negative affect on any friendships. In fact, I would argue that it has probably helped me form deep and loving friendships with both genders. So yes, the ride has been interesting.

My family also knows. My mom, sibs, and some cousins. There are some family members I've elected not to tell - not because of shame or anything, but because I rarely ever speak to them, and I'd be bored responding to the usual "OMG, UGAY, LOLWUT?" reactions. That said, I have no hesitations on setting the record straight. There are also a few family friends who are unaware, so I get the occasional "Gotta girlfriend yet" question. I'm savoring the moment I am in a relationship so I can be all, "My boyfriend wouldn't approve of such things." and watch the look of horror crawl over their faces.

prob1996
July 25th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Only a couple of people know that I'm gay. My older brother is the only family I've told and two of my closest friends but they think I'm bi.

beag_amhain
July 25th, 2011, 08:41 AM
i think all my friends know im bi
but only 3 r 4 know im leaning more towards gay

Zazu
July 25th, 2011, 03:27 PM
I don't particularly run around shouting it out (as don't straight people).

It's a kind of ask and I will tell thing.

User Deleted
July 25th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I don't talk about it unless people ask or make a comment along the topic. There is no need. I am not attracted to others in a certain kind of way, I think the material name is hermit, so what. I just don't care so only the people I talk to all the time know.

The Dill
July 25th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Almost all my friends know...I don't think I would tell my family since this is the south....my family isn't very open minded.

ShatteredWings
July 25th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Other;
I let people assume whatever they like on my sexuality. I'm pansexual, i really dont give a fuck who you think I "like", you're still right :P
If asked directly I'll tell.
My gender is common knowledge to everyone except family

AltoVaughn
July 26th, 2011, 02:22 AM
I will tell anyone who asks. All my friends know, and almost everyone at my school. Family.... Eh, Not so much. Only my Mom.

TheGreenTomato
July 26th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I think about like 25 people in total know. All close friends n some not so close people haha. My mom n sis. Neighbors n such...

Kitty Purry
July 26th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Everyone at school knows, And all the girls in my family know ^_^