PDA

View Full Version : We all have a friend like this.

July 6th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Alright, this is sort of a discussion/question.

Anyways, I'm sure every single one of you reading this have a friend who sends mixed signals sexuality wise.

Maybe it's the person who makes flirtatious jokes towards you and others, laughing them off afterwards. Or what about the one person who talks dirty, again laughing it off after.

My question is however, how should these actions be interpreted? Should they be ignored and laughed off or should they be taken seriously? How should one tell the difference between joking and something legitimate.

The reason I'm asking is because one of my best friends is acting less than straight, and I'm wondering if this can be pursued or shrugged off.

Here are some examples of the confusing actions:

The statement, "Leave your bedroom window unlocked."
At his house:
Before going to sleep the statement, "I rape in my sleep by the way." and later "I hope you enjoy rape."
Before going to sleep, "You'll notice your bed is strategically placed below mine."
While on a trampoline, my friend approached slowly approached me with a 'dirty look'. Not stopping until I stepped back. (Why the **** did I step back :mad:)

The above is only just a few examples, so am I reading to deep into this, or am I possibly correct in my suspicions?

Why the hell can't people just wear a tag with their sexuality on it. :what:

Also, please share what happened if you pursued a friend like this.

rockNroll
July 6th, 2011, 10:34 PM
My friends talk weird stuff like this all the time, it doesn't mean anything, if anything for me its a one-upmanship to see who can have the best/creepiest comeback.

July 6th, 2011, 10:44 PM
My friends talk weird stuff like this all the time, it doesn't mean anything, if anything for me its a one-upmanship to see who can have the best/creepiest comeback.

I forgot to mention this is only around me while alone, with no one to show off too.

Or maybe I'm just trying to get the answer I want :confused:.

^You are probably right. :(

Portable Desert
July 6th, 2011, 10:47 PM
D: I don't have a friend like that. Wish I did, though!

I am that person :p

July 6th, 2011, 10:49 PM
D: I don't have a friend like that. Wish I did, though!

I am that person :p

^+1.

Anyways, does anyone think this makes anything different?

I forgot to mention this is only around me while alone, with no one to show off too.

Or maybe I'm just trying to get the answer I want :confused:.

Koffing
July 7th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Well, I know what you think. i have a friend like this to who is a bit hyper and sometimes he does some crazy stuff xD

[QUOTE=Default;1332421]Or maybe I'm just trying to get the answer I want :confused:.[QUOTE]

I get from this that you maybe love him? Then go easy into it. maybe you need to chat a bit first and then tell him what you are thinking. If he is a good friend he will understand you ;)

July 7th, 2011, 10:12 AM
^Precisely. It'll be difficult talking to him though, I tried talking to him before but he thought I was joking.

Koffing
July 7th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Maybe you have to tell him taht you where very serius about that. If you explain that clear enoug i think he will understand it and don't think it's a joke ;)

July 7th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Well, I suppose I'll try, should probably ease into it though.

CaliKid24
July 7th, 2011, 07:00 PM
i have too many friends like that lol. every other guy im friends with does stuff like this.

prob1996
July 7th, 2011, 07:58 PM
My friends are constantly doing things like that. It is very hard to figure out if they're serious or just joking around. I would try to slip it into conversation and maybe get a little more physical (a little push or something) It's hard to say and you will have to judge it as it happens.

July 7th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Discouraging responses :(, meh, I'll have my fantasies.

rockNroll
July 7th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Play along with it. If it gets to that level, well then it gets to that level. If it doesn't, don't get disappointed.

July 7th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Play along with it. If it gets to that level, well then it gets to that level. If it doesn't, don't get disappointed.

I always think to do that and then step back in the heat of the moment, regretting it right away.

silly teen
July 8th, 2011, 01:49 AM
OMFG!!!!
yes i have a friend like that!!!

some examples: he looks at me all dirty and looks at my crotch...
he answers my texts by saying "hey sexy"
he also convinced me to sleep in my boxers next to him

i would love to know if he is bi like me, i would pursue him if we are ever alone though

July 8th, 2011, 03:13 AM
OMFG!!!!
yes i have a friend like that!!!

some examples: he looks at me all dirty and looks at my crotch...
he answers my texts by saying "hey sexy"
he also convinced me to sleep in my boxers next to him

i would love to know if he is bi like me, i would pursue him if we are ever alone though

Well good luck to you, sounds as though you don't need any though sounds like he is into you.

That also reminded me of this time at his house when right before we went to sleep he pulls his shorts out from under the covers. Then said "won't be needing these."

silly teen
July 9th, 2011, 03:11 AM
Well good luck to you, sounds as though you don't need any though sounds like he is into you.

That also reminded me of this time at his house when right before we went to sleep he pulls his shorts out from under the covers. Then said "won't be needing these."

hahaha sounds like he is playing had to get, u seem fortunate, idk about my friend thoo cuz he had a gf, but they didnt do anything