PDA

View Full Version : Brothers ADD

Hidude45
June 27th, 2011, 01:45 PM
My brother is 9 and has ADD and has been getting all the attention and is been treated special and people treat him differently now and my friends make fun an stuff I don't like it but he doesnt like it either he said he wnts to be treated normal what should I do

Unsolvedmind
June 27th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I know how you feel! Although I do have ADD and I am the middle one in the family and I dont get anything equal to what my older brother and younger brother, they ALLWAYS get everything they want and I don't get anything I want. I also barley get any attention.

Midnightkid43
June 29th, 2011, 10:59 PM
I have ADHD myself and I know exactly how you feel, my little sister has it as well and because she's the youngest sibling she gets all the attention, I mean, it's fine with me not getting much attention seeing as I don't spend a ton of time with my parents or family, usually i'm locked up in my room on my computer or outside playin with friends and talkin to girls (:

Andrewa
July 1st, 2011, 01:50 PM
im 13 i have adhd i dont really like talking to my perents i mostly talk to my big brother

JaredIsStupid
July 16th, 2011, 10:46 AM
i have ADHD and get bullied alot for it but i do still look like a child

Rebelion
August 8th, 2011, 11:43 AM
ADD an ADHD are two different things ADHD attetion defisit hyperactivity disorder is when you are hyper and can not focus.ADD is attention deficit disorder meaning it is difficult for people like mean and hidude45's brother to focus. Don't get the two confused.

adcompair123456789
August 18th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Don't get the two confused.

^^ just like to point out the technically the two are the same.... ADD is the base of ADHD. People with ADHD have ADD, but with the added component of hyperactivity and/or impulsiveness.

"Attention deficit disorder (ADD) is a general term frequently used to describe individuals that have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder without the hyperactive and impulsive behaviors."
- Keath Low (http://add.about.com/od/adhdthebasics/a/ADDvsADHD.)

It may be About.com, but it is reviewed (http://www.about.com/health/review.htm)

^^ from that quote I can certainly gather that the two are essentially based off the one (ADD), with ADHD building on the first one, sort of like a sub-section.

They're essentially the same, but the one is more 'hyper' or 'impulsive'.

I grant you, they do have they're differences, but the one the is basically a copy of the other, with some added bonuses.