PDA

View Full Version : How to tell them

man with freaky plan
June 22nd, 2011, 07:06 PM
How do you break it to a guy that you like him, I like this guy but I can't seem to be able to tell him, I know he's gay but I really don't think he will like me :/ and I'm scared I'll just make things REALLY awkward :( so em...yeh, help plz ?

Riku
June 22nd, 2011, 07:35 PM
Well, you could try a love letter. You could sit him down 1 on 1 and ask him after chatting for a bit. I don't see how it would be really awkward unless you didn't know him very well. You could ask him how he feels about you, or if he has his eye on anybody before asking him out just so you don't end up embarrassing yourself.

Sebastian Michaelis
June 22nd, 2011, 07:41 PM
I think just telling him randomly might be a good idea for you. If he already told you he is gay then he should be pretty open to the thought of other guys liking him.
Telling people things randomly is sometimes good because they get hit with the brunt of then news and you get their first reaction, which isn't always good, but it's what they most likely truly feel about what you just told them.

Orton220
June 22nd, 2011, 08:10 PM
I know what ya mean :/ but my advice is to kind of text/talk alot, and then bring it up in kind of a joking way (so that if you see its going good which you will be able to tell, you can continue. But if you can see its not going well, you can just be like "well i was jk God you take things too seriously" That has always worked for me. Good luck :)

beardedboy
June 23rd, 2011, 07:37 AM
I am sort of in your predicament except I don't know if the guy I like is gay, but I am 80% sure he is straight. Straight crushes are the worst, to know that you can only go so far with them. Also we aren't really friends, yet, but my plan is to join the marching band, which he is in, so that we can become closer, and maybe he will eventually have feelings for me too. Idk though, in your position, if you are good enough friends, then just have a sleepover or something, and ask him in private, or a love note. If he is openly gay, then there is nothing awkward about it, no different then asking a girl out. Just give it a go, you won't know unless you try, so just jump into it head first. Let us know your progress. I hope this helps :D

Jamarama
June 27th, 2011, 05:48 PM
From experience, I'd say it's best to just tell him. In person, though, not over the phone/text/internet! :P

But if you really don't want to do that, you could bring up the idea of being with guys to see how he reacts (if he's against that, then the whole thing's a moot point!). If he's cool with it, try breaking the ice more and joking about the two of you together, or get closer physically than you normally would and see if he backs away or not :)

theatregeek
June 28th, 2011, 04:40 PM
If he's gay, he will want to be with guys haha That's not the issue here.
Just ask him flat out, simple as that. If he rejects you, life goes on, not the end of the world. But if he says yes then yay! :P

eoldenavy
June 28th, 2011, 10:37 PM
you could try a love letter.

Koffing
June 29th, 2011, 09:16 AM
If you are sure that he is gay, he would probably won't make a big deal out of it. If he's gay he knows how it feels to be attracted to other guys and knows how hard it is sometimes. I sugest to go to a private place where nobody else is and tell him that you like him. You can also first chat a bit and then tell it. But I'm sure that he understand what you feel ;)