PDA

View Full Version : I may be bipolar?

justanothergirl7
June 19th, 2011, 02:52 PM
If I could, I would definitely check this out with an actual doctor. And if I turned out to have it they'd support me. But if I didn't have it, they would never let it go, and lets just say that would not help with whatever I have at all. Because my parents are not nice people.

Anyways, im 15, and i know that a while ago, when I was about 12 and going through puberty and stuff, I had hormone issues that comes with it. So I know for a fact that this is something else. For the past year I have had really weird mood swings. Like, for a month or maybe two, the shortest has been two weeks, I get extremely depressed and suicidal. I resort to cutting and can never fall asleep, but when I do I don't wake up for ever. I just kinda hate it all. This comes with little reason, like something small thats bad will happen and trigger this. After that ends, for about 2 weeks I feel amazing, again with little trigger. I quit cutting completely that time, and its just kind of amazing. I feel like I'm like, better then anyone. And for some reason I sometimes think that I'm like, the next Jesus or something, which I later know is completely irrational and terrible and unrealistic. Its really weird. Very rarely, but every now and then, I just kind of go back to normal for a little bit like I am now.

I never used to be like this, and I am consider that it might be bipolar because I have a few cousins that have that too and it may have carried throughout the family. If anyone thinks that I may have it, than I will problem bring it up with my parents that I need to go get this checked out.

Thank you so much for reading this!

Malcolm Tucker
June 19th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Hi Kayla,

firstly so you know we can't diagnose you with anything here, so I can't really speak to whether you actually are Bipolar or not. That being said, it does sound like something is going on here. I would seriously encourage you to talk to someone, and get it seen to by a doctor. I know it's hard and seems impossible but you never know - your parents may be more supportive than you think. I would urge you to see your doctor to see what's going on, as the thoughts of suicide and self-harm need to be handled by a professional anyway.

I would recommend that you see your doctor, if you can. Given your opening paragraph, I'm wondering as to if there's a way of seeing your doctor without your parents knowing? It's risky, yes. I did it myself. But at least if you find out that you're not Bipolar, then the risk of your parents pestering you wouldn't be there! It's a tough decision and situation to face but you're on VT now, and we're all happy to help you whenever you need us :)

Unique Physique
June 28th, 2011, 05:51 PM
From what you've written you might be Bipolar II because you sound like you may have been hypomanic at some stage, but you should really get a psychiatric assessment done because strangers on the internet cannot diagnose you.

I highly doubt you're Bipolar I because mania goes far beyond what you've described, again, I hope you get an assessment done.

smilee098
June 30th, 2011, 06:17 AM
I think that you need to go to the doctor and talk to them about it, especially if your parents won't take you seriously. Just call them and see what you can arrange because it really seems like you might be on the Bipolar spectrum and you obviously want to get this checked out. I wish you all the best! :)

LKIFMRUG9556
July 20th, 2011, 09:54 AM
I think you should see the doctor. Good luck.

Abyssal Echo
February 5th, 2012, 05:40 AM
From what you posted I would agree with everyone else here.

Go see a Dr. or Psyc. ASAP !

georgiamay
February 5th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Please don't bump old threads, this is from July last year. :locked: