PDA

View Full Version : Make him forget it

audiophile5
June 16th, 2011, 07:31 AM
So i told this really hot guy in my class that I like him. We used to be friends and now he barely talks to me. Even though it's not true, i want to make him belive that I don't have those feelings anymore? How should o tell? Cause if i insist on it, he might realise i lied...

Giles
June 16th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Wait, what? You told him that you liked him, but that was a lie and now he doesn't talk to you because of it. So you want to make it seem as though you don't like him but you didn't in the first place?

Kaius
June 16th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Puberty for Boys :arrow2: Teen Sexuality

audiophile5
June 16th, 2011, 09:29 AM
no. i told him that i like him, which is true. but i want to convince him that im over him, even though it's not true. if i tell him everyday that im over him, he will realise that's not true. so how do i tell him?:d

rooxboo
June 16th, 2011, 09:35 AM
No, no, no. If he doesn't respect you by just say "Thanks, but I don't like you in that way", then forget him. He isn't a friend, and isn't worthy of being your friend. If he stopped talking to you, he obviously doesn't want to be your friend. Don't waste your time, as much as it hurts.

Giles
June 16th, 2011, 09:40 AM
no. i told him that i like him, which is true. but i want to convince him that im over him, even though it's not true. if i tell him everyday that im over him, he will realise that's not true. so how do i tell him?:d

Oh right sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying, obviously.

If I were in your situation then I would try to tell him at the right moment to try and limit further 'damage' done to your relationship. Try and get him alone somewhere and just tell him that you used to have feelings for him; but when you realised they weren't reciprocated you had a change of heart and now you just want to be friends again. If he can't accept that then tell him where to shove it because you don't want friends like that.

audiophile5
June 16th, 2011, 09:54 AM

Speedy29
June 16th, 2011, 10:41 AM
just try to talk to him alone one on one, and just tell him how u feel

beardedboy
June 16th, 2011, 02:11 PM
^^ I agree with them. Tell him when you can get him alone. If he doesn't want to respond or be your friend, then who needs him. A friend is someone who is there for you through the tough times and the good times. If he can't take a compliment that he looks good enough for guys to like him, then, well, what kind of person is he. :P

Donkey
June 16th, 2011, 02:20 PM
No, no, no. If he doesn't respect you by just say "Thanks, but I don't like you in that way", then forget him. He isn't a friend, and isn't worthy of being your friend. If he stopped talking to you, he obviously doesn't want to be your friend. Don't waste your time, as much as it hurts.

Don't agree with this - it's perfectly natural for someone to feel uncomfortable around someone who they feel may have feelings for them that aren't mutual, and it's not as if that is an exception within friendships.

To OP: Just talk to him, don't insist. "Just to let you know..." - something informal and friendly. The more you stress over telling him, the less convincing you're likely to be.

LuckyLuke
June 16th, 2011, 02:59 PM
oh right sorry, i misunderstood what you were saying, obviously.

If i were in your situation then i would try to tell him at the right moment to try and limit further 'damage' done to your relationship. Try and get him alone somewhere and just tell him that you used to have feelings for him; but when you realised they weren't reciprocated you had a change of heart and now you just want to be friends again. If he can't accept that then tell him where to shove it because you don't want friends like that.

exactly.

Unlucky_Leprechaun
June 18th, 2011, 08:22 AM
"Friends" will accept you for who you are. Move on and forget about it...I am sure once he feels comfortable and you do to things can slowly get back to normal in your relationship

TurboDieselBandit
August 2nd, 2011, 01:14 AM
What everyone has said is true. Don't worry about convincing him especially if your trying to convince him of something that's not true. If he's not mature enough to know the truth then that's on him. On the last day of school this year I did the same thing except through Facebook and to be honest, I don't really care what they think. But if they like it....well that's another story. ;)

Sorry if this is considered bumping a old thread.