PDA

View Full Version : Moods and colors

December
June 7th, 2011, 10:00 PM
I was just wondering, if you guys assign colors to your moods, what are they?

For me white is manic, blue is depressive, and gray is the empty in-between

Syvelocin
June 7th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Like I said in the other thread, mania is red or orange, baseline or "nothingness" is white, and depression is black.

I don't "assign" colours. They just are colours. I can't explain why others have this, but I have synesthaesia, so I see moods as colours, letters as colours, days as colours, music as colours, numbers as colours, etc. So I never thought anyone else saw their bipolar disorder in colours, and I found it interesting that other people do as well.

Deleted User
June 7th, 2011, 10:20 PM
I think that synesthetes see them differently than others do, however, being one myself. *highfive* I agree that they're not assigned, they just are.

I'm not bipolar but my moods certainly have colours for the same reason as Rith. I find it interesting to hear that people do the same thing. Once I found myself thinking that maybe people "assign" colours to strong emotions (or states) to make them seem more down-to-earth because everyone recognizes colours.

So yeah. Not totally related but this post caught my interest.

December
June 8th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Yeah I find it interesting too that lots of people do this. Perhaps assign was the incorrect word- I didn't sit down one day and say "happiness, you get to be white", because it just sort of was one day- but I don't know, maybe some people do sit down and do that :)

PureReality
October 15th, 2011, 02:51 AM
Hmm...well, did you know that the colors of walls in a room you're in will actually affect how you feel?

A lightly shaded blue color wall would make you feel rather 'cool,' and would be quite relaxing.

A passionate, deep red would make you energized, maybe even angry, warm, and 'on the edge.'

With white, I think of it as bliss. Happiness.
With red, I think of it as angry, and passionate.
With purple, I think of it as at-ease.
With yellow, I think of it was content.
With blue, I think of it was excessively emotional.

Zephyr
October 16th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Not sure how I missed this thread, but here it goes :)

Depression: Black and White, since it varies from every worst feeling ever to feeling nothing.

Mixed Episode: Green, it's a complex color to me, it can be positive, negative and angry.

Neutral/Baseline: Light Blue and Purple, these colors are my favorites, so I associate them with good since being at baseline is the target for Bipolar.

Hypomania: Yellow, not too crazy but still sunshine.

Mania: Orange, the color of caution/hazard.

And for those rare psychotic episodes, I have no idea, there's no way to describe them. Red for the intensity and Black for the mystery I suppose.

emrahcud
October 16th, 2011, 01:16 AM
when im pissed im red

Abyssal Echo
January 12th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Like I said in the other thread, mania is red or orange, baseline or "nothingness" is white, and depression is black.

I don't "assign" colours. They just are colours. I can't explain why others have this, but I have synesthaesia, so I see moods as colours, letters as colours, days as colours, music as colours, numbers as colours, etc. So I never thought anyone else saw their bipolar disorder in colours, and I found it interesting that other people do as well.

I'm glad I found this site.....they say God has a reason for everything...

its just weird that sometimes when I feel like my old self I can close my eyes and see a soft shade of red other times is a very light grey or white almost like I am floating between worlds...I don't like seeing the black come because it can last for days and I'm not very user friendly...but I am told that is the nature of the beast that dwells with in me.