PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Coming Out!

achris15mbi
June 4th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Ok everyone so i think its time to come out to my friends. How did you guys do it? I ned help! I really dont know how to bring it up!
THanks! by the way im 15male and bi not gay.

mrbob360
June 4th, 2011, 03:10 PM
well you could say i need to tell you something personal about me and see if they guess right or could come out right and say ur bi

Alexithymia
June 4th, 2011, 07:49 PM
There's many different ways of coming out, but I'm only going to talk about the main ones.

Quick and Painless: You're talking with you're friends. Randomly mention (maybe when you're talking about girls or something) "Oh, hey, I'm gay." With your family say "Hey, um, I'm gay. Just thought you should know."

Slow, but sensible: Basically, it's Quick and Painless flipped. You have all of the "This is big to me. I know you may not like me as much, but I need you to accept me for it" first. So, you mention it. Say "I need to tell you something personal." Go on for a bit about how much this means to you. Eventually just say it.

Hint at it: Whenever you pass a hot guy, say, "Mm, smexy." Or, "Ooo, cutie!" Something like that. You can do even subtler hints. Like saying, "Oh yeah, I like someone" and don't tell them. They'll guess (if they care enough, which if they don't, then they really don't need to know) a bunch of girls, and eventually they might realize it's NOT a girl.

Internet(Unrecommended except for special cases): Just say it on the internet. Text it. Facebook status it. Tweet it. Etc.

A note: Write a note! Put it in any way you want it. Give it to your parents or friends. Now, you can either run like hell or wait for them to say something.

Email: Same as above, except in email form.

There's subtler ways that I'll tell you if you PM me, but those are just the main ones.

Patchy
June 4th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I came out last year. I waited until I was totally ready to come out and knew for sure.

Perhaps tell your closest friends first then if that works out, tell your parents/anyone you think should know after.

Don't rush it as its a sensitive topic.

Parlement
June 4th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Well, most friends will end up joking around calling somebody "gay".

After they say that just say "I know :D"

I do that with my friends all the time. Most of the time they just take it as a joke.

Coming out to your friends isn't hard at all, and you shouldn't lose any friends from it. Although it may not seem easy at first, it gets really easy after you get it out of you.

Coming out to your parents... now that would be hard... (thats why I haven't done it yet :))

Michigan48111
June 7th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Start with your closest friend and from a couple of my friends that are gay, they tell a girl first. Sometimes they already know and will be like "bout time you admitted it". The people that are truly your friends will be ok with it. Just give them some time to let it sink in.
Also, when you are preparing them for the news, ask them that whether they like or don't like what you tell them, ask them to do you the favor and not tell anyone else. It should be up to you who and when someone finds out. I don't recommend coming out to everyone at one time. I have seen it backfire with people that have done it at my school. Do it slowly, one person at a time.

The Dudeh
June 7th, 2011, 10:49 AM
The first time I came out to a friend, I told her in person but I got my phone out and wrote "I'm bi" in a text message. That way I can do it face-to-face but not actually say it out loud. It was quite an easy way to do it personally. But in all honesty I think the best way is to just tell them straight off the bat, no messing around with it.

Parlement
June 7th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Do it quick. Like ripping off a band-aid.

nonexistant
June 8th, 2011, 12:40 PM
sry cant help i am only out to two friends... family can not know...

achris15mbi
June 8th, 2011, 02:53 PM
thanks!

maxii
October 10th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Im out to all my girl friendz,, but only 1 boy friend knows.. so,, I suggest u start with the girlz,, they are more accepting..

blackpo
October 10th, 2011, 05:43 PM
First I told my closest friends and then posted it on fb... basically i did it the loud way but if my friends we to have reacted bad i wouldve told everyone seperate ... just tell a few see how they react and then spread it like wildfire

Bicobuli
October 13th, 2011, 02:24 PM
I came out to my friend about 3 weeks ago. I just wrote a note to her. Just take it easy. and I'm bi too.

Sterling26
November 2nd, 2011, 08:48 PM
closest friends first then expand

cpr97
November 3rd, 2011, 08:07 PM
closest friends first then expand

agreed... and just remember after you do it your real/true friends will still be your friends... just make sure you let them (especially your male friends) know that you respect their sexuality n wont try to hit on them... think thats peoples biggest fears of bein friends with a gay/bi person is they are afraid they will try to come on to them when its not wanted...

either way i see the OP was from bout 5 months ago so im sure you already came out to your friends n i hope it well but if you havent yet then good luck n remember your real friends will still be your friends after n wont change how they think of you

LuckyLuke
November 3rd, 2011, 08:11 PM
There's many different ways of coming out, but I'm only going to talk about the main ones.

Quick and Painless: You're talking with you're friends. Randomly mention (maybe when you're talking about girls or something) "Oh, hey, I'm gay." With your family say "Hey, um, I'm gay. Just thought you should know."

Slow, but sensible: Basically, it's Quick and Painless flipped. You have all of the "This is big to me. I know you may not like me as much, but I need you to accept me for it" first. So, you mention it. Say "I need to tell you something personal." Go on for a bit about how much this means to you. Eventually just say it.

Hint at it: Whenever you pass a hot guy, say, "Mm, smexy." Or, "Ooo, cutie!" Something like that. You can do even subtler hints. Like saying, "Oh yeah, I like someone" and don't tell them. They'll guess (if they care enough, which if they don't, then they really don't need to know) a bunch of girls, and eventually they might realize it's NOT a girl.

Internet(Unrecommended except for special cases): Just say it on the internet. Text it. Facebook status it. Tweet it. Etc.

A note: Write a note! Put it in any way you want it. Give it to your parents or friends. Now, you can either run like hell or wait for them to say something.

Email: Same as above, except in email form.

There's subtler ways that I'll tell you if you PM me, but those are just the main ones.

Agreed....

But remember, if you're not telling EVERYONE a written or digital copy version is not the best idea because than it can be easily spread but hurtful, heartless people.

Good luck and best wishes.