PDA

View Full Version : ADD or Just Laziness?

Unknown.
April 30th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Let's start saying that i'm not that good at english so excuse me if my writing is bad.

Now I was diagnosed with ADD when i was young and medicated it with Ritalin and Concerta and i don't think there was any problem back then, my grades started to suffer in middle school and continued that way just until past year when I started to dedicate more time to studying and things were going pretty well, no failing grades and my performance in the classroom and out of it (homework) was good.

But now as the year advances and the topics start to complicate (Year 10 btw) my grades, my attention and my work decline specially in subjects i don't like and sometimes even if i'm motivated i can't dedicate more than 1 hour to just one thing.

The problem is that when i'm doing a test i can focus entirely on it and finish it on time specially if it's a math test.

I already have an appointment to the psychiatrist but i'd like to know if i my problems are serious enough to get serious treatment.

By the way procrastination and stress about school has increased a lot which in some cases cause a mild depression.

Rose
May 1st, 2011, 12:19 AM
I am in the same boat as you. But I have only recently been diagonsed with ADD at age 16, if your still on ritilin and concerta, and you are still failing it is possible that you are just not applying yourself. I personally have found that after a while you get used to your brain functioning on these drugs and stop working as hard

Unknown.
May 1st, 2011, 10:28 AM
Well no, I stopped taking those drugs like 4 years ago

Crocbait230
May 20th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Ive got ADHD/ADD i know they are diffrent things but ive apparently got both
what its sounds like is that you dont really have a BIG case of ADD if any
its very common for teens to have their grades drop after the first semester
its all about work ethics and how you reward yourself

Dimitri
May 27th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Ive got ADHD/ADD i know they are diffrent things but ive apparently got both
what its sounds like is that you dont really have a BIG case of ADD if any
its very common for teens to have their grades drop after the first semester
its all about work ethics and how you reward yourself

I am quit the opposit because my grades did nothing but raise, I have straight A's as of right now and graduated suma com laudi last week and honors from StarkState