PDA

View Full Version : Mixed-bipolar??

Negative
April 29th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Hi, i'm pretty new to this website-forum thing. I've been diagnosed with "mixed" bi-polar a month ago, but when i toldmy psychiatrist about the voices and the eyes that follow me sometimes at school and the ones that surrounds my house and watch me from there, and sometimes tries to sneak attack me when i'm home alone,but i was ready for them with a knife, he suddenly wanted me to visit him weekly? My freind is bi polar too but she vsits him every month? I started to felt the eyes on me when i was a freshman, then it progressed to following me till junior(now)that when the voices came. The voices are like diffrent people talking in the backround, having conversation. some times i can understand them and sometimes they are garrbled, and sometimes one of the voices say speak to me, but rarely reply to me.I can't sleep because of them, because they talk alot when i try to sleep.He has me on topamax/Wellbutrin/Zyprexa. I don't know what the heck the zyprexa is for, beside the voice, he tells me. It's normal in bi-polar, right?

bperan
April 29th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Zyprexa is an antipsychotic. You should go on and research your own disease and if your doctor told you to visit him weekly is becuase you need it. Hallucinations in bipolar is normal, yes but have you tried to get a second opinion I know many people that have been misdiagnosed with bipolar when in reality they are schizophrenic or the other way around.

Syvelocin
April 29th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Well, hallucinations in bipolar disorder aren't exactly the norm. They occur in rarer cases of bipolar disorder. My mum doesn't have hallucinations and delusions, but I have them, for instance. They are a symptom, but not so many people that are diagnosed have them.

Like Bethsaida said, bipolar and schizophrenia can be commonly misdiagnosed. In schizophrenia however, hallucinations occur in pretty much every case. If you still have the mood issues, you're more likely to be have a case of bipolar disorder with hallucinations.

Your friend probably has her issues a bit more under control. Usually, I've been started with weekly for my psychologist appointments, and then when they feel comfortable, they schedule me every other week, then every month. But what I've found, when they want to go back to weekly, it's because they're worried about you. What you describe is not a normal thing. It's concerning, and harmful to yourself in many ways. He's worried about it, so of course he's going to want to see you weekly.

Negative
April 30th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Well, hallucinations in bipolar disorder aren't exactly the norm. They occur in rarer cases of bipolar disorder. My mum doesn't have hallucinations and delusions, but I have them, for instance. They are a symptom, but not so many people that are diagnosed have them.

Like Bethsaida said, bipolar and schizophrenia can be commonly misdiagnosed. In schizophrenia however, hallucinations occur in pretty much every case. If you still have the mood issues, you're more likely to be have a case of bipolar disorder with hallucinations.

Your friend probably has her issues a bit more under control. Usually, I've been started with weekly for my psychologist appointments, and then when they feel comfortable, they schedule me every other week, then every month. But what I've found, when they want to go back to weekly, it's because they're worried about you. What you describe is not a normal thing. It's concerning, and harmful to yourself in many ways. He's worried about it, so of course he's going to want to see you weekly.

I guess you're right... he did tell me he was worried i might hurt myself, but i can't help it, the voices tell me to get the knife, get it! I swear the eyes are there, everywhere, don't know where exactly though. Still trying to figure that part out. Schizophrenia? How can i possibly be schizophrenic?! my parents don't have schizophrenia!

Syvelocin
April 30th, 2011, 03:35 PM
I guess you're right... he did tell me he was worried i might hurt myself, but i can't help it, the voices tell me to get the knife, get it! I swear the eyes are there, everywhere, don't know where exactly though. Still trying to figure that part out. Schizophrenia? How can i possibly be schizophrenic?! my parents don't have schizophrenia!

Your parents don't need to have schizophrenia for you to have it. The main characteristics of schizophrenia are hallucinations and delusions, commonly voices, sometimes they tell you things, often I see that sort of thing with schizophrenia, the voices telling you to hurt/kill someone or yourself. Still, it could always be bipolar as well, but it's a severe case. I hear voices myself, it's just a bit concerning that is what they are telling you, because a lot of people don't realize that they aren't real, and some listen to them, which you shouldn't do. You can help it. It's harder though, but you can. You just can't give in to them. That, or wait around till the anti-psychotics kick in or you switch to a different one.