PDA

View Full Version : Gray areas

December
April 25th, 2011, 10:22 PM
I was just wondering if anyone else here ever experiences "gray" periods in between feeling high and low, similar to a baseline mood, except that you don't feel anything at all, not good or bad or okay, but nothing.

It could just be part of the depressive phase for me, I am not sure. It's just frightening in that I just feel so detached and numb, like the world isn't real, if that makes sense.

So does anyone else ever feel that way between phases, or is it just me?

Nevermore
April 26th, 2011, 08:13 AM
I feel like that, and I hate it. I'm so apathetic and confused of how exactly I'm feeling. Nothing phases me, and I feel disociated. You're not alone. :)

Syvelocin
April 26th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I usually just have that baseline mood. It's less dissociative. I can't really describe how I feel in times like this. I'm neither happy, nor sad. Not depressed or manic or anything, I just feel normal.

But I do have times where I feel like that as well, the numbness.

December
April 28th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Though I would not wish this on anyone, it is good to know I am not totally alone in feeling this way :)

HOLEinyoursoul
May 14th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I get that too. Sometimes you feel like your head is just full of hateful fuzz but it's too lazy to do anything. You feel like your brain is shutting down but unfortunately you're still awake. when this happens, I write, watch movies, listen to music, or splat paint on my walls. Well... I kinda do that all the time but w/e

HandheldOutlaw
May 16th, 2011, 06:10 PM
I get that too, except it's a different color for me. When I'm manic, my mental color is blue. When I'm depressed, It's grey. When I'm in that in-between area, it's white.

December
May 22nd, 2011, 10:14 PM
That's interesting that you picked the same general colors to represent your moods, because I use those three as well. Only for me, white is manic, blue is depressive, and gray is well, in between like i described :)

Syvelocin
May 22nd, 2011, 11:18 PM
Hmm. This is interesting. Multiple people classify their phases as colours? Strange. I just dismissed it because I have synaesthesia, so it's typical for me to see them as colours. For me, mania is red, depression is black, and the in between is white or an ivory/cream.

gleeguy
May 26th, 2011, 07:04 PM
I have the same thing here, I feel that normal or just "blah" is grey or transparent, happy is like a green and sad is a red

December
May 30th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Perhaps classifying phases as colors is a way for us to relate something hectic and unstable to something concrete and familiar

CuriousO_oDude
September 20th, 2011, 07:59 AM
You aren't alone.. everyone gets like that from time to time.. Helps to talk it out with someone..
Those gray periods are beetches :P I hate em

User Deleted
September 20th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Last year. But now its something between awesome and weird. I go from good mood straight to bad mood. And I am usually at good mood. Gets me kinda hyper.

AJay
October 16th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Sometimes I disagree with just picking three colors to describe my mood stages because at least for me there are more than just three although some mean the same thing in a slightly different way.

Ambrosia
October 16th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Please don't bump old threads! :locked2: