PDA

View Full Version : It's Been Acting Up

HikaruTheHunter
April 9th, 2011, 02:09 AM
I believe, if I remember correctly, that I'm a Borderline Bipolar. It's been in my family for a long time and since recently I've been having flashes of depression on and off. It's been bugging me and I don't know if its for the fact that I practically have a secret that I can't tell anyone or if it actually is my Bipolar acting up. Can anyone elaborate some how on what this might be?

Syvelocin
April 9th, 2011, 02:11 AM
Are you BPD or bipolar? They're not the same. One is a personality disorder, the other is a mood disorder.

HikaruTheHunter
April 9th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Well I don't have a personality disorder, it's more mood so I'm guess it's Bipolar.

Syvelocin
April 9th, 2011, 02:30 AM
M'kay. So what is it you're asking?

HikaruTheHunter
April 9th, 2011, 02:32 AM
M'kay. So what is it you're asking?

How do I deal with it exactly? I mean I don't take any meds for it since I'm like Borderline but for some reason it's been getting out of hand...I'm just really worried...:(

Syvelocin
April 9th, 2011, 02:36 AM
So you're borderline? I'm confused.
Borderline (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001931/)
Bipolar (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001924/)

You either learn to cope with it, or you get meds/therapy. I personally don't know anyone with bipolar disorder who is coping well without ever having meds and therapy. Not many can keep it under control well enough to go without either or both. I refuse to take mood stabilizers, but I'm still in therapy.

HikaruTheHunter
April 9th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Oh I get what you mean by BPD now. I'm most likely that now that I look at the description.

Syvelocin
April 9th, 2011, 02:41 AM
I'm not exactly experienced with going through BPD, but pretty much the same thing that I said applies. BPD takes therapy. DBT specifically.

HikaruTheHunter
April 9th, 2011, 02:42 AM
I went through therapy for about two and a half months for something that happened to me a while ago in late 2010 and it kinda helped for a while. So should I like go back to therapy for it or what?

Syvelocin
April 9th, 2011, 02:46 AM
I would. Therapy can work wonders. Even just having someone to talk to is beneficial, if nothing else.

HikaruTheHunter
April 9th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Thanks for helping me out, Syvelocin. :)
It really did help.